Deakin University provides two different scholarship opportunities for both domestic and international students: the RTP scholarships, which are funded by the Australian Government and awarded only to highly ranked candidates, and the DUPR scholarships, which are funded by Deakin University. Both scholarships offer financial support to students pursuing their research degrees at the university.
Furthermore, Deakin University welcomes and supports international students with a range of services, including orientation programs and academic and personal support. The campus facilities are modern and well-equipped, and the teaching staff are approachable and knowledgeable. As a result, Deakin University provides an excellent choice for international students who seek a high-quality education in a supportive and inclusive environment. With a diverse student community and a wide range of courses on offer, international students can find an enriching experience while studying at Deakin University.
- Stipend: The scholarship provides a stipend of $30,000 per annum for the 2023 tax year, which is tax-exempt.
- Relocation Allowance: The scholarship also offers a relocation allowance ranging from $500 to $1,500, depending on whether the student is moving from interstate or overseas, and whether they are single or with a family.
- Health Cover: International students are provided with a Single Overseas Student Health Cover policy for the duration of their student visa.
- Doctoral Degree Duration: The stipend is provided for 3 years, while the tuition fees offset is provided for 4 years.
- Research Master Degree Duration: The stipend is provided for 2 years, while the tuition fees offset is provided for 2 years.
It’s important to note that these values and terms and conditions are subject to change, and interested applicants should confirm the latest information with Deakin University.
This scholarship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- Eligibility: To be eligible for an RTP Stipend, RTP Fees Offset, RTP Allowance or DUPRS, the student must be enrolled in an HDR course of study at Deakin University, whether they are domestic or international students.
- RTP Fees Offset: Applicants are not eligible for an RTP Fees Offset if they are already receiving an equivalent award or scholarship from the Commonwealth that covers the fees for their HDR course.
- RTP or DUPRS Stipend: Students are not eligible to receive an RTP or DUPRS Stipend if they are already receiving income from another source that exceeds 75% of their stipend rate, provided the income is intended to support their living costs while studying. Income that is unrelated to the course of study or income received for purposes other than supporting general living costs should not be taken into account.
- Admission requirements: Refer to the research degree entry pathways page for admission requirements to an HDR course at Deakin University.
- Further Information: The terms and conditions for each scholarship are detailed in the Further Information section below the scholarship details. For information about the RTP Scholarship Policy, please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.
How to Apply:
Students who are currently enrolled in an HDR course at Deakin University are eligible to apply for an RTP or DUPRS Stipend. The assessment for the scholarship application will be carried out by the relevant Faculty or Institute. However, students who have completed more than three years of their doctoral course or two years of their masters course (or part-time equivalent) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
For information about the RTP Fees Offset selection process and the offer process for all scholarships please refer to the Higher Degrees by Research (HDR) Scholarships Procedure.