The Helmut Veith Scholarship 2024 is exclusively available for outstanding female Master’s students studying computer science at TU Wien in Austria. This scholarship is named after the late Prof. Helmut Veith, a renowned computer scientist and former professor at TU Wien. The scholarship is worth €6,000 per year and is funded by TU Wien International. This amount can be used to cover various study expenses, including tuition fees, living costs, and other associated expenses. By offering this scholarship, TU Wien provides a fantastic opportunity for talented female students to pursue their computer science studies at one of the world’s leading universities in the field.
The Helmut Veith Stipend in Austria is intended to assist students who are pursuing computer science studies at TU Wien with their academic costs and encourage their progress. Eligible recipients must be enrolled in TU Wien and demonstrate satisfactory academic progress, while also residing in Austria during their studies. This Stipend provides an excellent opportunity for students who are committed to their academic pursuits and seeking financial aid.
- Host country: Austria
- Host institute: TU Wien Vienna University of Technology
- Course level: Masters
- The award offers a grant of EUR 6,000 per year to selected applicants
- The grant is available for a maximum of two years.
- All tuition fees will be waived for the selected applicants.
- Female students pursuing a Master’s degree in Computer Science at TU Wien, Austria are eligible.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Applicants should have extensive knowledge of and interest in at least one research area, such as Logic in Computer Science, Formal Methods and Verification, Foundations of Artificial Intelligence, Complexity Theory, or Computer Security.
- Adequate English proficiency is required.
- Applicants must fulfill the admission requirements for one of the master’s programs in computer science at TU Wien.
- Eligible programs include a Master in Business Informatics, European Master in Computational Logic, a Master in Computer Engineering (Technische Informatik), a Master in Logic and Computation, a Master in Data Science, and a Master in Media and Human-Centered Computing.
How to Apply:
To apply for the scholarship, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A cover letter that details the type of funding they require and other pertinent information
- A Curriculum Vitae
- A Motivation Letter outlining the student’s reasons for pursuing the Logic and Computation program, why financial assistance is necessary, and which faculty groups the student would like to work with for their master’s thesis
- A copy of the passport
- Copies of degrees, certificates, or diplomas (such as a first degree or bachelor’s degree or higher)
- Names and contact information for two references who can provide letters of recommendation
- An English language certificate, such as TOEFL, or a similar certification.
The application deadline to apply for the Helmut Veith Scholarship 2024 at TU Wien in Austria is November 30, 2023.