The Holland Government International Scholarships for 2023 are a fantastic opportunity for students from all corners of the globe who want to pursue higher education with financial support. This fully funded scholarship caters to international students who want to enroll in undergraduate or master’s degree programs in the Netherlands.
Every year, the Dutch government generously offers a large number of scholarships to international students, regardless of their nationality. The scholarship covers a significant portion of the expenses incurred while studying in the Netherlands and is supported by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, as well as several Dutch research universities and colleges. It is specifically designed for international students who are not citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA) and wish to study in the Netherlands.
The best part is that you don’t need to take IELTS if your previous education was in English. If you’re interested in applying, head over to the official website of Nuffic, the Dutch organization for internationalization in education, where you can find more information about eligibility requirements, application procedures, and deadlines.
- Degrees Offered: Undergraduate and Master’s
- Scholarship Award: Funded
- University Name: Netherlands Top Institutes
- Host Country: Holland, Netherlands
The Netherlands government provides financial support to selected students for most of their expenses during their studies. This support comes in the form of the Netherlands Government Scholarships, valued at €5,000 each.
Programs offered by the Holland Government International Scholarships:
Scholarships from the Dutch government are available to students pursuing full-time bachelor’s and master’s degrees at universities.
Universities Participating :
The Holland Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024 includes several Dutch research universities. To obtain information on the current year’s subjects of study and application deadlines, you can visit the website of the institution to you intend to apply to.
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Protestant Theological University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University
Participating universities of applied sciences 2023-2024
Below is an overview of the Dutch universities of applied sciences participating in the Holland Scholarship for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Driestar educatief
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie (pdf, 400 kB)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Inholland University of Applied Sciences
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
To be eligible for the scholarship, you must agree to the following conditions:
- You are not a citizen of any country in the European Economic Area.
- You are applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program at one of the Dutch higher education institutions participating in the scholarship program.
- You meet the admission requirements of the institution you wish to attend.
- You do not possess a degree from any educational institution in the Netherlands.
The following are the mandatory documents required for this scholarship program:
- For Bachelor’s program, a higher secondary school certificate or the equivalent of 12 years of education is required.
- For Bachelor’s and Master’s programs, transcripts of the degree obtained are required.
- International students must provide a passport.
- A short resume/CV is required. Guidance on how to write a powerful CV/resume for a scholarship or job may be provided.
- A motivation letter or statement of purpose is required.
- Two letters of recommendation are required.
- An English proficiency certificate from the last institute attended is required.
How to Apply:
The application process for this scholarship program is entirely online. Students must read the guidelines provided and prepare the necessary documents for uploading during the application process. Specific information regarding the application process, participating institutions, and deadlines can be found on the website of the institution of your choice. It is advised that students apply before the designated deadline.
The application deadline to Apply for Holland Government International Scholarships 2023 Without IELTS is 1st May 2023.