Hong Kong Academic Excellence Scholarship:
The University is awarding undergraduate scholarships of £3,000 to students entering the University for the first time in 2021 who achieve academic excellence in their pre-University qualifications. The scholarship is available for the first year of undergraduate degree study only.
University of Essex
Humanities, Social Sciences, Law, Literature, Economics, Computer Science, Psychology, Linguistics
Financial Aid Details:
The bursary is worth £3,000 for the first year of study only. Payment will be made in two instalments, normally in February and May by bank transfer. Students must be registered for full-time study in order to receive payment. Please note that if our records show that you are in debt to the University when an award payment is due to be made, the payment will be offset against your student account in the first instance and you will be entitled to receive any balance.
You must meet all of the following conditions:
▪ have received an offer of admission for entry to the University of Essex for 2021-22;
▪ have registered for a full-time undergraduate degree1 at the University of Essex with first enrolment at the University of Essex in October 2021-22;
▪ Have obtained AAB or above in A-levels (or equivalent)
▪ Applicants must actively make Essex their firm choice by 19 July 2021. Applicants that become firm with Essex through rejection by their original firm choice selection elsewhere are not eligible;
▪ be in your first year of study at the University at the start of the award;
▪ these scholarships are restricted to applicants who are classified as international students for fees purposes, are ordinarily resident in Hong Kong.
▪ Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
If you achieve the necessary grades and meet all other eligibility criteria you will be notified from August onwards. You do not need to complete an application form.