ICGEB Arturo Falaschi Fellowship Program:
ICGEB offers postgraduate studies with the aim of obtaining the “Doctor Philosophiae” (PhD) degree in the life sciences. Thanks to specific agreements, the title can be awarded through a number of academic institutions of international standing, which include The Open University (UK) and the International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA) in Trieste, Italy, the Jawaharlal Nehru University in New Delhi and the University of Cape Town in South Africa.
The structure of the three-year PhD course includes intensive laboratory research activities, participation in seminars and communication training during Journal Club sessions, symposia and international meetings.
- The Open University (UK)
- International School for Advanced Studies (SISSA)
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- University of Cape Town
Duration: 3 years PhD course with the possibility of 1-year extension.
Monthly stipend: Trieste (Italy): Euro 1,300, New Delhi (India): US$ 1,020, Cape Town (South Africa): ZAR 12,500.
Travel: the fellowship includes provision for travel expenses from the student’s home country to the ICGEB lab at the beginning of the fellowship and a return travel provision upon completion of the fellowship.
Medical health insurance coverage is provided for the duration of the fellowship.
University tuition fee will be covered for the entire PhD registration period.
Visa/permit of stay application and renewal costs are reimbursed.
Support for participation in Meetings and Courses is generally provided by the Group Leader / PI.
ICGEB makes no financial provision, nor can it provide administrative support for family members of participants in the programme.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cote D’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Ecuador, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Hungary, India, Iran, Iraq, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Libya, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Montenegro, Morocco, Namibia, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Pakistan, Panama, Peru, Qatar, Republic of Moldova, Romania, Russian Federation, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Syrian Arab Republic, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United Republic of Tanzania, Uruguay, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
- Applicants must be nationals of an ICGEB Member State. Nationals of India and South Africa, ICGEB Host Countries, are not eligible to apply for ICGEB Fellowships in their home country.
- Degree requirements: applicants for ICGEB Trieste should hold a BSc (Honors) degree; applicants for ICGEB Cape Town and New Delhi should hold an MSc degree.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of the English language, supported by a proficiency certificate (TOEFL, Cambridge Certificate, or equivalent).
- Candidates for Trieste, Italy must be below the age of 32 years at the time of application. There is no age limit for applications for ICGEB New Delhi and Cape Town.
Applicants should contact the ICGEB Group Leader/PI of their choice with a motivation letter, to determine availability of laboratory space and to define the research project proposal that will form an integral part of the application.
31st March 2021