International Business Masters Scholarship:
The University of Auckland Business School is offering Scholarships to attract International students to the Masters degree courses, enabling them to gain the skills and knowledge required to launch a business career. Key objective is to enhance the diversity of the class profile.
Field of Study:
Human Resource Management, Management, International Business, Marketing, Professional Accounting.
Value of up to $32,000.
International Students are eligible for International Business Masters Scholarship.
Following are the conditions to avail the scholarship:
- The applicant must be enrolled and have paid the fees, or arranged to pay the fees, for full-time study in Masters degree courses at the University.
- The Scholarships are tenable by international students only.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit as assessed by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the most recent qualifying programme and a written statement highlighting the applicant’s potential to succeed in business studies at the University of Auckland, career goals, motivations and how they can be an ambassador for the University of Auckland Business School.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum GPA/GPE of 6.00. Preference may be given to students not receiving other financial assistance.
- The Scholarship will be awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of a Selection Committee comprising the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics (or nominee), the Director of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee), and the Director of Masters Programmes of the Graduate School of Management (or nominee).
- To continue to hold the Scholarship, the recipient must maintain a GPA of 5.00 (equivalent to a B average) in each quarter of study.
- The Scholarship will be paid as a tuition/compulsory fees credit for the duration of the programme in instalments at the start of each quarter.
- The Scholarship may be held concurrently with any other scholarship, award or grant as long as the regulations for that scholarship, award or grant permit and the University of Auckland Council is informed and approves. It is the responsibility of the recipient to declare to the Scholarships Office all other scholarships, awards or grant funding received and for which the awardee receives payment while also in payment for this Scholarship.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship if it receives a report of unsatisfactory progress of a Scholar from the Director of Masters Programmes of the Graduate School of Management, or if the Scholar withdraws from their programme of study.
- The University of Auckland Council is not obliged to make an award if in any year there is no candidate of sufficient merit.
- The University of Auckland has the power to amend or vary these Regulations, in consultation with the Dean of the Faculty of Business and Economics, provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Click on the “Apply now” link below and complete the online application form. It is recommended that you check the form early in case a reference or endorsement is required to support your application, and to familiarize yourself with the form. All sections (including request sections) must be completed by the closing date, which is midnight on the specified date (unless stated otherwise).
Outcomes are determined by a selection committee and are usually notified around six weeks after the closing date.
Application Deadline: 15 Jan 2021