International Diversity Awards:
Maryville College offers one full-tuition scholarship to an incoming freshman each academic year. This scholarship is our most prestigious scholarship for international students. The student will have to show that he/she has sufficient funds to cover the remaining cost of attendance to receive an I-20.
Field of Study:
Subjects taught at the College.
It will cover the Full cost of tuition for each academic year and is renewable up to four years provided that the student meets the appropriate requirements (maintains F-1 student status, completes two hours of service per week with the Center for International Education Cultural Ambassadors Program, and maintains a minimum 3.0 GPA.)
International Students are eligible for this Awards.
- A first year (freshman) international applicant (Non-U.S citizen or resident).
- Must Submit a complete Maryville College application for admission by March 1st.
- Demonstrate record of outstanding academic achievement, character and leadership.
- Have a clear plan for enriching the international diversity on the Maryville College campus.
- Have a clear plan for being a leader within the international community on the Maryville College campus (see essay question).
- Be prepared to encourage others to apply for the diversity scholarship and Maryville College in the future.
- Have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must live on campus during the four-year period of study.
Applying procedure Instructions:
Separate completed application for the Diversity Scholarship [made available to admitted students via their MaryVille Portal – MVP.
As part of the application, you will be required to attach a 300-500-word essay explaining why you believe you are a qualified candidate for the Diversity Scholarship. Make sure you address the following items:
- How will studying at Maryville College advance your academic and career goals?
- Explain your plan for sharing your culture on the Maryville College campus as part of our Cultural Ambassadors program.
- Give examples of previous experiences that have prepared you to implement your plan successfully.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021