International Education Scholarships:
The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2021 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme. Under the initiative 60 scholarships will be provided for one year study at Bachelor, Masters or PhD levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution.
Bachelor, Masters or PhD
All fields of study
Students who are successful will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
Students from non-EU/EEA countries.
- Possess excellence (academically, personally, professionally, creatively);
- Excellent communication skills;
- Extra curriculum activities (for example: humanitarian work; politics local, national, international; arts; sports);
- Possess strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland that indicates how a GOI-IES fits into their longer-term goals.
A marking system (total 100 marks) is part of the call with the relevant scores; shown in brackets after the key selection criteria. The applications must cover the following, as requested in the online application tool:
- Academic qualifications, achievements and/or work experience (40 marks)
- Personal Statement (refer to the Candidate profile).
Applicants are required to demonstrate:
- The benefit of becoming a GOI-IES Scholar; to themselves (personally and professionally), to Ireland, as well as their country of origin. (15 marks);
- how they will extend themselves beyond their project/studies to become actively involved in Irish society in order to maximize their academic/cultural exchange experience and to raise awareness of the GOI-IES scheme in Ireland and beyond (15 marks);
- the extent to which they have a long-term interest in Ireland and how they will promote links with Ireland during their time as Scholars and also after as Alumni (15 marks).
- Two references uploaded via the online application portal (please note that the HEA is not able to accept references submitted via email or other sources outside of the online application portal) (15 marks)
26 March 2021