International Graduate Research Scholarships:
Victoria University welcomes International students (who do not have Australian or New Zealand citizenship or Australian Permanent Residency).
International Postgraduate researchers are eligible for the following scholarships:
- Research Training Program (RTP) Stipend Scholarships – International.
- VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship.
- Industry Supported Scholarships (preference given to Domestic applicants).
- Selected Project-Based Research Scholarship.
- Foley Collection Research Scholarship.
Economics, Social Science, Environment Studies.
Overseas student health cover.
A living allowance of $28,200 per year (2020 rate).
An RTP Fee Offset Scholarship exempting the recipient from paying tuition fees.
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, you must:
- be a citizen of any country other than Australia or New Zealand
- meet the University’s academic entrance requirements for enrolment into a research degree
Applicants for a RTP Stipend Scholarship – International or VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship must also:
- have completed a course at Victoria University in or after 2018
- have achieved an average grade of H1 (above 80% VU Standard) in the Honours or final year
- meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree
- be commencing a masters by research or doctoral degree
- enroll as a full-time student.
You are not eligible for an RTP Stipend Scholarship – International, or VUIPRS, if you are currently studying, or have recently studied, on an AIDAB or AUSAID scholarship and are applying for an IPRS immediately following the AIDAB/AUSAID funded studies.
Priority will be given to applicants who have:
- not already obtained a PhD degree or equivalent if they are proposing to undertake another one
- already obtained a masters degree by research and are proposing to undertake another masters degree by research
- not previously held an IPRS, VUIPRS or OPRS (unless it was for a masters by research degree, and you are applying for an IPRS to undertake PhD studies).
For information about applying for a scholarship please:
- read the Research scholarships application guide (PDF, 247 KB)
- refer to the Apply for a graduate research scholarship page.
Applications are only accepted for new domestic and international applicants in the Doctor of Philosophy and masters degrees by research. Already enrolled candidates in a research degree at Victoria University or another institution are ineligible to apply for this round.