International students who are admitted to Transylvania will receive merit-based scholarships in the form of the scholarship amounts listed below. International students are not eligible for federal and state financial aid.
PREMIER SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
International students are eligible to compete for the Premier Scholarship Program, Transylvania’s top academic scholarship program. Students will be automatically considered for Premier Scholarships upon completion of their application. Selections will be assessed based on the completed application and the completion of a virtual interview.
INTERNATIONAL MERIT SCHOLARSHIPS
International scholarships are awarded based on a holistic review of the student’s application and will be automatically considered upon application. Potential award amounts include:
- Global Superior: $20,000
- Global Excellence: $18,000
- Global Prestige: $15,000
Transylvania has joined 57 other U.S. colleges and universities in a pledge to provide financial support for incoming international students to encourage study in the United States through the #YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarship.
Transylvania will award an annual, renewable, 50% tuition scholarship for up to two incoming students.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a first-year international applicant of any major to a participating college or university. (International applicants are individuals who hold citizenship in a country outside the U.S. and who don’t also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.)
- Demonstrate an interest and initiative in promoting intercultural learning and exchange.
- Meet the admission criteria and adhere to the deadlines at Transylvania.
- Complete the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship application and a 500-1000 word essay or a two-to-five minute video telling us about your leadership skills in your school or community and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at the school you are applying to.
#YouAreWelcomeHere Scholarships must be submitted to Alice Schaaf, assistant director of international recruitment, via email at [email protected] by Dec. 1.