The International Undergraduate Merit Scholarship is offered to international students from selected countries who can demonstrate a high level of academic achievement in their previous studies. All applicants from selected countries who meet the criteria are automatically eligible for this scholarship. The scholarship offers a 20% reduction in your tuition fees for the duration of your course at ECU. The scholarships are open to future international students seeking to enroll at Edith Cowan University in a bachelor’s degree.
Established in 1991, ECU has grown rapidly into a quality university with excellent student satisfaction and internationally recognized research.
Students and graduates at ECU are amongst the best in the world, with many fulfilling crucial roles in our society. Their outstanding achievements have been recognized throughout Australia and internationally through awards, grants, scholarships, and prizes.
ECU is committed to widening participation and breaking down barriers that restrict entry to education and is continuing to work on the enhancement and development of alternative entry pathways to higher education. An Institution that values diversity and this is exemplified by the multicultural student cohort spanning a wide range of ages.
The scholarship is available for Undergraduate Students.
Field of Study:
study an undergraduate degree excluding:
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing)
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing)/Bachelor of Science (Midwifery)
- Bachelor of Science (Paramedical)
- Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood Studies)
- Bachelor of Education (Primary)
- Bachelor of Education (Secondary).
International students (Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Djibouti, Dominica, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, French Guiana, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, India, Israel, Jamaica, Kenya, Kyrgyz Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, Mali, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Syria, Tajikistan, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Yemen, and Zambia ).
To be eligible for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of one of the countries identified above;
- be an international student (not an Australian Citizen, Australian Permanent Resident, or New Zealand Citizen);
- study onshore at ECU Joondalup, ECU Mount Lawley or ECU South West (Bunbury) Campus;
- not be in receipt of a government scholarship or industry sponsorship;
- between 1 June 2020 and 31 July 2021, be issued an offer to study an undergraduate degree;
- meet ECU’s entry requirements for the course and commence study in the course in 2021.
Applying Procedure Instructions:
- If we approve your ECU course application, you’ll automatically be assessed for this scholarship by our Admissions Office. No separate scholarship application is required.
- The Admissions Office will issue a separate letter relating to your scholarship, along with a Letter of Offer for your course, to confirm whether you’ve been successful.
July 31, 2021
Applying for an ECU Course
You’re invited to apply through any one of ECU’s Authorised Agents.
You can also apply online via the ECU Online Application Portal.
How to accept this scholarship
To accept your scholarship, you must:
- meet any conditions listed in your Letter of Offer including any applicable deadlines;
- meet the direct entry Course requirements and any other applicable admission requirements;
- accept your Letter of Offer by following the instructions provided; and
- pay the indicative tuition fee deposit requested in the Letter of Offer.