The United Nations University (UNU) in Bonn and University of Bonn is pleased to announce the Joint Masters Scholarships in the field of environmental risks and human security in an international context.
United Nations University (UNU) in Bonn, University of Bonn
Field of Study:
- Geographical approaches to risk, vulnerability and resilience;
- New approaches to development geography;
- Earth system science;
- Qualitative & Quantitative Methods, as well as GIS & Remote Sensing;
- Social-ecological systems, Risk & Technology;
- Risk management and governance, forecast & prediction;
- Disaster management, disaster risk reduction (DRR) and humanitarian response.
Students from Developing countries
To be considered for the UNU-University of Bonn Joint Masters Scholarships, applicants must meet the following requirements:
Eligible candidates should fulfil the following requirements in addition to the general eligibility criteria for the Master’s programme:
- Being a candidate from an eligible developing country (check the list on DAAD website);
- Having accumulated at least two years of relevant work experience since graduation from the Bachelor’s by the time of application (e.g. with an NGO, GO, or the private sector);
- Graduated from last academic degree no longer than 6 years ago by the time of application;
- Completed no other Master’s degree in a similar field of studies;
- Aiming to pursue a career as a practitioner in the field of development following graduation from the Master’s programme (not in an academic area/not aiming to pursue a PhD);
- Being ready to commit fully to the Joint Master’s degree in case accepted for the programme and a DAAD EPOS scholarship.
Interested and eligible applicants for the UNU-University of Bonn Joint Masters Scholarships are to submit an online application form. Applicants are to gather the required documents and send the documents via e-mail to [email protected].
15 December, 2021