The 2022 application phase of the Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship (GKS) program is now open. In 2022, Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program aims to invite international students who wish to purse a graduate level degree or research in Korea.
The GKS scholarship is fully-funded and aims to provide international students with opportunities to conduct advanced studies in graduate programs at higher educational institutions in the Republic of Korea in order to promote international exchanges in education and mutual friendship between countries.
Successful applicants for Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program, will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees – Actual cost (No more than 5 million KRW per semester)
- Living Allowance – 900,000 KRW ~ 1,000,000 KRW
- Airfare – Actual cost
- Medical Insurance – KRW 20,000 (per month)
- Resettlement Allowance – KRW 200,000
- Research Support – KRW 210,000 – 240,000 (per semester)
- Printing Costs (Dissertation) – KRW 500,000 – 800,000
- Completion Grant – KRW 100,000 (Once)
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency – KRW 100,000
- Language Courses – KRW 800,000 per quarter
For Korean Government’s Global Korea Scholarship program, you are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Both an applicant and his/her parents must be citizens of their country of origin.
- Applicants should not hold Korean citizenship.
- Applicants should have adequate health, both mentally and physically, to stay in a foreign country for a long time.
- Should be under 25 years of age at the date of entrance. (Undergraduate)
- Should be under 40 years of age at the date of entrance. (Graduate)
- Have finished or be scheduled to finish formal education of all elementary, middle, high school courses by the date of arrival. (Undergraduate)
- Possess a grade point average (G.P.A.) above 80% from the last educational institution attended.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or a Master’s degree by the date of arrival. (Graduate)
- Applicants who have previously acheived in any undergraduate program, master’s program, or doctoral program in Korea cannot apply for this program.
Applicants should submit all documents related to their scholarship application to the Korean Embassy in their country of residence to or the domestic university concerned.
The Korean Embassy or the domestic university sends proper candidates to NIIED with the required documents.
NIIED evaluates potential candidates and notifies the Korean Embassy of the final selected KGSP grantees. You should refer to the the GKS Notice board for detailed instructions.