MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program:
The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2020.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
The University of Pretoria (UP), South Africa
- Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Economics and Management Sciences
Scholarship Award & Benefits:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation and meals in a UP residence or UP-accredited accommodation
- A modest monthly stipend
- Textbooks and printed material
- Medical aid cover for the duration of the study
- VISA costs
- Reasonable travel costs (including flight ticket) to and from your home
- Leadership development opportunities
- Academic advising and counselling support
- In order to apply for the scholarship, you MUST have been admitted into a degree at UP. You will need your student number to complete the MCFSP application, which must be accompanied by your academic records and other supporting documents as outlined in the application form.
- Be sure to include documents that support what your family, guardian or foster;
parents can afford to pay. Examples of such documentation include bank statements, pay slips and loan documents.
- UP will consider students admitted to full-time study; for the scholarship.
- Only prospective students who cannot afford to pay the full fees are eligible to apply. Do not apply for funding if you or your parents, guardian or foster parents can afford the full tuition fees.
- All the information provided must be accurate and true. Any falsification of information on the application form may result in disqualification from consideration for a scholarship.
You may apply online. To use the online Application system, you will need Internet access and an email address that you can access regularly. Authorities will email the submission receipt to the applicant.
Alternatively, you can submit a hard copy of your application form to the following address:
University of Pretoria, Student Service Centre
Hatfield, Pretoria 0028
The application will be evaluated by members of the relevant faculty and the outcome will be communicated to the applicant.
Postgraduate applicants are required to verify their certificate by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
Download application forms for the MCFSP from www.up.ac.za/mcfsp.
Application enquiries can be directed to: [email protected]