The Matsumae International Foundation, founded in Japan in 1979, is a non-profit organization dedicated to advancing international goodwill through academic and cultural exchange. One of its esteemed programs is the Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship, which presents a distinctive chance for scholars worldwide to engage in research activities in Japan. The fellowship program welcomes researchers from various disciplines, including the natural sciences, engineering, medicine, humanities, and social sciences.
Through the Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship, scholars receive a monthly grant of up to 300,000 yen for a duration of 3-6 months. This financial support covers travel expenses, accommodation, and research-related costs during their stay in Japan. Additionally, fellows gain access to research facilities, along with the opportunity to participate in academic conferences and cultural events. The program aims to foster international collaboration, promote mutual understanding between Japan and other nations, and provide valuable research prospects for scholars across diverse fields.
The Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship for the academic year 2023-24 in Japan offers full funding for Fellowship-level programs at universities in Japan.
The Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship program offers opportunities to study various subjects under its fellowship program. The following fields are given first priority:
- Natural Sciences
The Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship program.
The Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship is open to international students from all nationalities.
To be eligible for the Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship, applicants of non-Japanese nationality must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must obtain an invitation (acceptance) letter from a host institution in Japan before submitting their application.
- Applicants must hold a Ph.D. (Doctoral degree).
- Applicants must be 49 years old or younger at the time of application.
- Applicants must have a sufficient level of proficiency in English or Japanese.
- Applicants should not have previous or current long-term stays in Japan, except for short-term visits such as tourism or conference participation.
- Applicants must have a professional occupation in their home countries, with the intention to return there after completing the fellowship tenure. They should also demonstrate a commitment to contributing to the development of their own country.
To apply for the Matsumae International Foundation Scholarship, applicants need to submit their application documents to the MIF via email. Here are the details:
- Email: [email protected]
- Application Period: April 1, 2023, to June 30, 2023 (Japan Standard Time) Please note that applications will not be accepted before or after the specified application period.