Mauritius – Africa Scholarship:
The Government of the Republic of Mauritius is offering scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries for full-time, on-campus postgraduate programmes tenable in public Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Mauritius.
- University of Mauritius,
- University of Technology, Mauritius
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute
Finance, Climate Change, Health, Disaster Management, Media Arts
The benefits of the Government of Mauritius Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2021(Fully-funded) include;
- Tuition fees and
- Contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius
- Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered.
Candidates must be resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries. Mauritian nationals and foreign nationals residing in Mauritius are NOT eligible to apply under this Scheme.
To be considered for the Government of Mauritius Scholarship for Postgraduate Students 2021, candidates must meet the following program requirements.
- Applicants must be African Union member countries.
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2021;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
Applicants are advised to contact the Nominating Agency in their country of citizenship, or, in the absence thereof, the respective Ministry of Education, to obtain details on how to submit applications. Applications for the Scholarships are to be made to the Nominating Agency in the applicant’s country of origin and are NOT to be sent directly to Mauritius by the applicant. The Nominating Agency, which is typically part of Ministry of Education, will select and nominate candidates for Masters Programmes (indicating clearly the level of studies for each nominated candidate). The Nominating Agency of the country of citizenship of the candidates, or the Ministry of Education, will subsequently transmit the endorsed application forms to Mauritius.
- Completed Application Form
- Certified copy of: Birth Certificate, biodata page of passport (if available), educational certificates, transcripts
- Copy of letter of conditional offer by a public Higher Education Institution in Mauritius (if available at time of application) OR copy of acknowledgement notice from a Mauritian public HEI that the application for a seat has been made and the appropriate application fee has been paid.
- Medical certificate to be duly filled and signed by a registered Medical Practitioner in Section 6 of the Application Form.
- University of Mauritius www.uom.ac.mu
- University of Technology, Mauritius www.utm.ac.mu
- Mahatma Gandhi Institute www.mgirti.ac.mu
31 Jul 2021