At HOKKAIDO University applications are now open to apply for MEXT Scholarship. Several competitive scholarships of differing amounts are available for students wishing to study at Hokkaido University. Japanese Government Scholarships (MEXT) is one the best scholarships among them in sense of benefits and opportunities.
Students can study at university with a scholarship by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT). There are three ways to apply for this scholarship: 1) Embassy recommendation, 2) University recommendation or 3) Domestic selection.
HOKKAIDO University, Japan
Graduate, Postgraduate, Doctorate
- Undergraduate students ¥117,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥120,000/month)
- Research students ¥143,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥146,000/month)
- Master’s students ¥144,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥147,000/month)
- Doctorate students ¥145,000/month (*Nov. to Mar. ¥148,000/month)
Applicants around the world are invited to apply.
- Applicant should have an academic record score of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above from the most recent two years of study.
- The applicant is expected to maintain an academic record score of 2.30 (out of 3.00) or above throughout the course of the scholarship program.
- The applicant should satisfy the language level/ability requirements according to the course.
- Embassy Recommendation: Applicants must receive a recommendation from the Japanese Embassy or Consulate in your country. After passing the first screening at a Japanese Embassy, scholarship candidates should contact the Division of International Student Affairs at the graduate school which they wish to enter as soon as possible to ask for a “Letter of Acceptance.”
- University Recommendation: If any candidate meets the requirements according to the course or department he/she may apply directly to the university maintaining the native application procedures.
January 7, 2022