The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) announces the MINDS Scholarship Programme for young leaders committed to facilitating greater cooperation between African countries in achieving the continent’s future success.
The scholarship programme is to enable African students to study in an African country other than their home country and in this way, immerse themselves in richness and diversity that the country and its communities has to offer. Young African scholars are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship opportunity to advance their educational career.
Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS)
List of MINDS Preferred Institutions:
- African Leadership University, Rwanda
- Carnegie Mellon University in Rwanda, Rwanda
- Makerere University, Uganda
- Strathmore University, Kenya
- African Leadership University, Mauritius
- University of Cape Town, South Africa
- University of Mauritius, Mauritius
- Witwatersrand University, South Africa
- Al Akhawayn University, Morocco
- Université Cadi Ayyad, Morocco
- Université Mohammed V, Morocco
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science & Technology, Ghana
- Pan-Atlantic University (Lagos Business School), Nigeria
- University of Development Studies, Ghana
Undergraduate & Graduates
- Accommodation and meals
- One return ticket per duration of studies
- A fixed stipend
For the MINDS Scholarship Programme in Leadership Development, applicants must:
- Be enrolled in a full-time study of a one or two-year Honors or Master’s degree at one of the MINDS preferred institutions.
- Be individuals with a Pan-African outlook, demonstrated leadership ability and an excellent academic record who wish to study on the African continent, outside their home country.
- Have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree from recognized universities required for admission into any of the MINDS preferred institutions.
- Be formally accepted by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies.
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/requirements set out in the application form.
Interested applicants for the MINDS Scholarship Programme in Leadership Development should submit their application and ensure to attach the required documents in PDF format.
- A copy of the data/bio page of your passport.
- A certified academic transcript/results slip of the last two years of study.
- A copy of the official acceptance letter from the university.
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae/Resume not more than four pages.
- Two reference letters