Applications are hereby requested from qualified and interested applicants for the Mahmoud S. Rabbani Scholarship 2022 for students who have been admitted into a Masters or PhD program in the Netherlands.
The goal of this scholarship, besides fostering interaction between Arab and European students, is to provide the means for students seeking to broaden their own horizons. In keeping with the foundation’s mission, all areas of study are eligible for the grant, and primary requirements are that applicants must have a firm grasp of English, or the language their program will be in. The scholarship is designed for dynamic students with an interest in fostering the formation of ties between these two regions.
Lutfia Rabbani Foundation
The maximum amount of an MSR scholarship is €15,000
Candidates must be nationals of any of the following countries: Algeria, Bahrain, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Palestine, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, or Yemen. Applications coming from the Netherlands should be by Dutch nationals.
- The scholarship is open to Arab students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Netherlands and to Dutch students who have received an official acceptance letter for a Master’s or a Ph.D program in the Arab World.
- The candidate should have a good knowledge of English and/or of the language of study if that is not English is necessary.
- No support given retroactively, i.e. to expenses linked to a Master’s or Ph.D program that have already been implemented.
- The Foundation’s scholarship only valid for the proposed program of study at the academic institution specified in the application and only for the academic year for which the application is made.
Criteria for the evaluation:
- Academic excellence;
- Personal growth: Assessing the contribution the proposed field of study would have on the applicant’s continued academic and professional development and/or its potential for impact in the local context;
- Strong motivation in line with the ideals of the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation’s goal of promoting Euro-Arab dialogue and understanding;
- Financial need.
Necessary documents are:
- Motivation and purpose statement (in English);
- Curriculum Vitae (in English);
- Copy of passport in color;
- Copies of degrees or diplomas with academic transcripts (with English translation);
- Two signed references from either academic or professional referees (in English);
- Letter of acceptance from Host University in the Netherlands;
- An official course description of the program offered by the Host University;
- Budget: please provide a detailed financial overview including tuition fees and living expenses, as well as other sources of income to cover your study in the Netherlands for the academic year you are applying. The maximum amount awarded is € 15,000 for the academic year. You can use this Budget Template.
- Signed and dated MSR Scholarship Application Form (the form can be downloaded in the application portal).
All the documents above, submitted to the Lutfia Rabbani Foundation by March 31st, 2022. Apply by clicking on the link below (make sure you already have all the requested documents ready to upload to the application portal).
The application deadline is March 31, 2022.