NITDA Digital States Initiative 2021:
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), in line Digital Literacy and Skills pillar of the National Digital Economy Policy and Strategy for a Digital Nigeria (NDEPS), is launching a nationwide Digital Literacy and Skills Programme training for Nigerians tagged the Digital States Initiative. The Digital States initiative, designed as one of the implementation strategies of NDEPS, is aimed at equipping Nigerian youths with the necessary digital literacy skills that can facilitate Nigeria’s transition to the Digital Economy.
The programme is aimed at training about 540 youths from each state of the Federation and the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja. It is expected that about 20,000 Nigerians will benefit from the programme.
Registration for the second phase of the programme commences on Monday 7th June, 2021 and ends on 18th June 2021. The beneficiary states for the second phase are Katsina, Kaduna, Borno, Bauchi, Niger, Nasarawa, Ekiti, Oyo, Imo, Bayelsa and Abia. Schedule for the subsequent phases will be advertised in due course.
Undergraduate, Young Professionals
Digital Marketing, Productivity Tools, Content Creation.
Fully Funded Training Program
- Empower youths with intermediate digital skills, needed to drive the digital economy transformation in Nigeria.
- To empower youths with globally required and marketable skills to increase their employment opportunities.
- To increase the number of industry-ready IT professionals in Nigeria
To be eligible for the NITDA Digital States Initiative 2021, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen with his/her National Identity Number (NIN).
- Must be willing to share their success story during and after the training programme,.
- Applicants must reside in the digital states-Batch 2 which includes Borno, Ekiti, Katsina, Kaduna, Imo, Nassarawa, Niger, Oyo.
- Must demonstrate English language proficiency.
Interested applicants, advised to complete online application and ensure to provide accurate information, as incorrect information may lead to disqualification.