Oscar Romero Scholarships for International Doctoral Students:
The Oscar Romero Foundation, the International Office awards grants of up to EUR 1000 each to international students and doctoral candidates at the University of Oldenburg who are in financial distress.
PhD Doctoral studies
The scholarship is up to EUR 1,000 . The scholarship is paid out in a maximum of two installments of up to EUR 500 each.
If a successful applicant has one or more part-time jobs through which he earns more than EUR 450 gross per month, his scholarship for the respective month will be reduced by the difference; the DAAD stipulates this.
- Residence permit for study purposes or for the purpose of a doctorate.
- Earnings in the funding period must not exceed EUR 450.
- Academic achievements (for students based on study achievements / grades, for doctoral candidates based on brief reports).
- Financial need (account statements or evidence, e.g. job loss due to the corona crisis).
- Graduation within the next two years (report, grade certificate).
- Personal situation (letter of motivation).
- Letters of recommendation.
- Desired: voluntary work.
All international students and doctoral candidates who are enrolled at the University of Oldenburg and are in financial distress can submit applications. A financial need is assumed; Social and university political commitment is desirable.
Application Procedure and Documentation:
The application consists of three steps. Please ensure that the application deadline is adhered to in all steps.
Step 1: Online application application
Fill out the online application form (The link below to the online form is only activated during the application period.)
Step 2: Upload application documents to Uni Cloud Storage
Before you upload your documents to the Uni-Cloud , please summarize the documents in a single PDF file . The file should be named as follows: ORS_Lastname_First name.pdf
The following documents are required:
- Completed application cover sheet (pdf form)
- Letter of motivation (justification of the application, description of the personal situation)
- curriculum vitae
- Certificate of grades with average grade (for students, e.g. as a Stud.IP printout)
or approval of the doctoral committee and brief confirmation from the supervisor that the doctorate was properly progressed (doctoral students)
- Certificate of enrollment
- Copy of the residence permit
- Proof of financial need: bank statements for the last three months, for married couples information on family income and, if necessary, supporting documents
- If available: Certificate of honorary office (brief certificate of duration and scope)
Upload application documents to the Uni-Cloud (Link will only be activated during the advertisement period)
Step 3: Supervisors’ e-mail reports:
In addition to the documents mentioned above, we require an expert opinion from the supervisor of your thesis or doctorate or a lecturer from your degree program. The report must be sent directly by the author by email to [email protected] .
The following questions should be answered in the report:
- How do you assess the course of your studies or doctoral studies to date?
- By when is the person likely to be able to complete their degree or doctorate, and what success do you expect?
- What is your impression of the applicant’s personality / situation?
June 10, 2021