The International Peace Scholarship Fund was established in 1949 to provide scholarships for international women students to pursue graduate study in the U.S. or Canada.
The P.E.O. is a philanthropic organization where women CELEBRATE the advancement of women; EDUCATE women through scholarships, grants, awards, loans, and stewardship of Cottey College and MOTIVATE women to achieve their highest aspirations.
PEO International, USA
Cottey College, USA
Undergraduates, Graduates & Postgraduates
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Examples of additional resources are personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
International Women Students
For PEO International Peace Scholarship for International Women Students, applicants should meet the following conditions:
- The P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund provides financial assistance to women from outside the United States and Canada who are seeking advanced degrees from an accredited college or university in the U.S. or Canada with the expectation that students will return to their home countries to utilize their education to make a positive impact and foster global peace.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining; enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada is not eligible. Note: A student with residency for tax purposes permitted, only.
- Scholarships not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework
Interested and eligible applicants seeking for PEO International Peace Scholarship for International Women Students should access the application process online. Completed form accepted electronically in the IPS office.
Information concerning the International Peace Scholarship program is available from P.E.O. International Peace Scholarship Fund, P.E.O. Executive Office, 3700 Grand Avenue, Des Moines, Iowa 50312-2899 or by visiting www.peointernational.org.