The Performance and Elite Sport Scholarships for the 2023-2024 academic year are scholarships available for international students pursuing undergraduate and master’s studies at Cardiff Metropolitan University. These scholarships are partially funded and offer a discount of up to £5,000 on program tuition fees. Additionally, recipients of these scholarships will have access to outstanding facilities.
Moreover, you can also apply for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award is specifically designed for undergraduate, postgraduate, and international students who demonstrate exceptional abilities in sports, including performance and/or coaching. This award considers both academic merit and sporting achievements, and eligible students can submit an application based on the provided criteria.
It’s important to note that the scholarships are subject to an annual review, and students must demonstrate their ongoing commitment to Cardiff Met performance sport and personal sporting development in order to continue benefiting from the program throughout their studies.
- Level of Study: Undergraduate, Masters
- Institution(s): Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All courses offered at Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Program Period: Varies depending on the chosen degree.
- Number of Scholarships: 32 scholarships available.
The Elite Sport Scholar Award provides recipients with the following benefits:
- Up to £5,000 discount from their program tuition fees.
- Access to excellent facilities.
- Strength and conditioning support from UKSCA accredited staff.
- Sports science support, including nutrition, psychology, physiology, biomechanics.
- Sports medicine, including physiotherapy massage.
- Active yoga and recovery sessions.
- Performance workshops.
To be eligible for the Elite Sport Scholar Award, the following points should be considered:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries
- Athletes must meet the following criteria to be eligible for a scholarship:
- Be studying, or about to commence studying at Cardiff Metropolitan University in any course.
- Compete in a recognized British Universities & Colleges Sport (BUCS) sport and contribute to the University’s BUCS objectives.
- Compete at the international level or be performing at a high level in their sport (e.g., national/international/professional).
- Be recommended by their National Governing Body (NGB) coach and/or the University’s coach in their sport.
- Students are expected to compete for Cardiff Met in BUCS competitions as a requirement of the scholarship.
- Students are expected to represent Cardiff Met at open events and participate in promotion and marketing activities for the School of Sports and Health Science. Failure to do so may result in the loss of the scholarship.
- Students must be enrolled as full-time students at Cardiff Metropolitan University and possess a Student ID Card for the processing of catering or general campus allowance.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is contingent upon successful progression to the next year of study.
- Payment of the award in years 2 and 3 is subject to the student’s level of sporting progress, determined by the Performance Sport Panel.
- Generally, there will be no fourth year of the award. However, consideration may be given to applicants undertaking a 4-year program (including Foundation), as well as those studying part-time and/or pursuing a postgraduate program.
- The award will not be provided to individuals who need to resit a whole year, unless they have full mitigating circumstances for all resit credits. More information on mitigating circumstances can be found in the Academic Handbook.
- Students must reapply each year (a form will be provided by the Head of Performance Sport).
- This award is not available to those studying at franchise colleges. For bursary and scholarship availability, please contact the respective college.
- Recipients cannot simultaneously receive the Elite Sport Scholar Award and the Postgraduate Scholarship.
- The scholarship package will be tailored to support students in achieving their potential in their chosen sport.
- The scholarship will be awarded by a panel, which includes the Head of Performance Sport, Students’ Union Sports Manager, and an academic staff member.
How to Apply:
To avail the Elite Sport Scholar Award, please follow the application procedure outlined below:
- Complete the Elite Sport Scholar Award application form available at [link].
- Submit the completed application form to the Head of Performance Sport. Ensure you include evidence of your performance standards and contact details of your coach, as this will allow for a recommendation to be requested.
Note: You should receive an automatic notification via email upon submission. If you do not receive this notification, please contact [email protected] as soon as possible to confirm receipt. Subsequently, you will receive confirmation of your eligibility, subject to meeting the Terms and Conditions.