Applications are now being accepted for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program, which aims to attract outstanding, driven, and passionate young researchers from various countries around the globe. The Biozentrum Basel International PhD Program is offering these highly coveted fellowships to deserving individuals who are interested in pursuing a career in the field of science.
Successful applicants will receive a range of benefits, including direct access to the PhD program at Biozentrum, University of Basel, additional financial assistance, and the opportunity to rotate through various research groups. Additionally, fellows will be supported in attending scientific conferences and courses throughout the duration of their PhD studies.
The Biozentrum’s PhD program is highly respected worldwide and provides a stimulating and challenging environment in which students can pursue their scientific interests. The program encourages creativity, innovation, and collaboration among researchers, and the fellowships aim to attract the most promising candidates who have a strong passion for scientific research.
- Werner Siemens-Foundation and University of Basel are sponsoring fellowships for PhD students.
- The host institution for the fellowships is the University of Basel in Switzerland.
- The fellowships are fully funded.
- 10 awards are available.
- The fellowships are for international students.
- The study level for the fellowships is PhD.
Details of Fellowship:
The Werner Siemens-Foundation and the University of Basel are sponsoring fellowships that aim to identify and support exceptional graduate students in the field of Life Sciences. Unlike other PhD programs that have a wider selection process, the Biozentrum PhD Fellowships are highly competitive, with only a maximum of 10 successful candidates selected each year.
Fellows are given the opportunity to rotate through various research groups and select the one that best aligns with their interests. In addition, the program offers other incentives to encourage academic excellence and enhance the career prospects of the PhD candidates. These benefits are designed to provide recipients with a unique and valuable experience that will aid in their scientific and professional development.
To qualify for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program, applicants must satisfy the following requirements:
- Candidates must be international students.
- Applicants should possess a university degree that meets the requirements for admission into a PhD program at the University of Basel, such as an MSc or its equivalent.
- Outstanding candidates with a four-year bachelor’s degree, typically from outside the Bologna system, may also apply in exceptional cases. These candidates will be able to complete a Master’s program on a fast-track as part of their fellowship at the University of Basel.
- Candidates must not be registered as a PhD student at the University of Basel, nor have entered into a PhD employment contract with the University of Basel at the time of the decision date for the respective fellowship call.
How to Apply:
If you wish to apply for the University of Basel Biozentrum PhD Fellowships Program, you must submit an online application, as the Summer Call 2023 is currently open. Your application should contain the following:
- Electronic copies of your diploma/MSc degree, along with grades and transcripts, in pdf format.
- A CV or scientific résumé, limited to one page and in pdf format.
- Names and contact details of two referees from your previous academic environment, usually faculty members. The referees will be contacted automatically and asked to provide a reference letter.
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive further instructions regarding the application process.
Last date of this fellowship is May 25, 2023