DIW Berlin FULLY FUNDED PhD Scholarship (5 Years) 2023, Berlin, Germany, is open for International Students . The scholarship allows PhD level program(s) in the field of Economics, Business studies taught at German Institute for Economic Research.
DIW Berlin PhD Scholarship is a 5 year program which is fully funded, there will be no tuition fee through out the program. Its a great opportunity for graduate students who want to take their research to next level while exploring Berlin, which is an exciting city. DIW Berlin also known as the German Institute for Economic Research is one of the leading economic research institute in Germany. It offers a top-class economical doctoral programs in Berlin. The DIW GC cooperates with the Berlin universities and thus offers its students a very broad research community.
DIW Berlin Germany
PhD level programs
- Business studies
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
PhD students will receive funding for the expected length of the program – five years. For the course phase, a stipend of 1,450 Euro per month is provided; funding during the research phase is normally provided through employment at one of the DIW’s research departments. Funding for the research phase is conditional on having fulfilled the Performance Criteria. We recommend to enroll at one of Berlin’s universities, as this allows access to public transportation at no additional cost and ensures student health insurance. Note that the universities charge a semester fee of approximately 280 – 315 Euro per semester.
- Applicants should have a Master’s in Economics or Business Studies and have performed exceptionally well in their studies. Applicants from related fields (such as Industrial Engineering, Statistics, or quantitative social sciences) may also fulfill the admission requirements if they have a sufficient background in Economics or Business Studies.
- Applicants with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for the program if they also apply for a Master’s program offering a fast track option.
As part of the online application procedure, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Motivation letter (max. 2 pages): this should state your motivation for applying to the program and should include a short outline of your major research interests;
- Two academic letters of recommendation. Note that reference providers are requested to send their recommendation letter by email to [email protected];
- Filled out application form;
- Detailed curriculum vitae (without photograph);
- Copies of academic transcripts and other certificates;
- GRE scores, if applicable (institution code 0096);
- IELTS or TOEFL scores, if applicable.
The application is to be completed in English.
12 Feb 2023