University Research Scholarships are offered by the University of Canberra for those who qualify to pursue full-time Doctor of Philosophy studies. Selection is based on academic achievement, alignment with University objectives, research proposal, and experience. The Graduate Research Office manages the application process and scholarship administration for domestic and international applicants. The scholarship allocation is overseen by the University Research Scholarship Committee.
The University of Canberra is a contemporary and energetic university situated in the Australian Capital Territory that provides a variety of programs ranging from undergraduate to postgraduate levels. Its emphasis is on practical learning for the real world, with a particular focus on innovation, which positions the University as a pioneer in fields such as health, sports, and environmental science.
The University of Canberra is a contemporary and energetic university situated in the Australian Capital Territory, providing practical, real-world learning from undergraduate to postgraduate levels with a focus on innovation. As a leader in fields such as health, sports, and environmental science, students have the unique opportunity to learn from industry specialists, attain practical expertise through work-integrated learning, and experience life in Australia’s capital city. The University fosters a warm and encouraging community that encompasses a multicultural student body from across the globe. The campus is modern and dynamic, featuring top-notch amenities such as advanced laboratories, sports and fitness centers, and student accommodations.
Phd Level Programs are available at the University of Canberra.
All Subjects are available to study under this scholarship.
- 30,000 per annum (2023 rate, tax-free) stipend indexed annually
- Reimbursement of relocation costs within six months of commencement for new candidates only
- Conditions of Award provide further details
- International candidates commencing offshore will not receive their stipend until they are onshore
- Stipend will be back-paid upon arrival at the University of Canberra, Bruce campus.
- Refer to Tax and Part-time Scholarships for more information.
International and Domestic students can apply for this scholarship.
- Eligible for domestic students (Australian citizen or permanent resident, New Zealand citizen) or international student
- Must not have held an Australian-Government-funded research scholarship for more than 6 months previously.
How to Apply:
- Potential PhD domestic and international candidates can apply through the HDR Application Portal – you need to apply for HDR Admission and for a Research Scholarship at the same time.
- Current PhD candidates* at the University of Canberra can also apply for a Research Scholarship. You must complete a Research Scholarship application via the HDR Application Portal.
The deadline for this scholarship is 30th April 2023.