Applications welcomed from international students as the University of Manchester offers more than 100 studentships every year through the President’s Doctoral Scholar Award scheme, launched by Professor Dame Nancy Rothwell.
The PDS Award will give the most outstanding students from around the world a foundation to support research training with prominent academics across a full range of subjects.
University of Manchester, UK
Fully-funded scholarships within the Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health.
The benefits of the 3.5-year fully-funded scholarships of University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2022 will cover:
- All university tuition fees at the international rate;
- An annual maintenance stipend (at UKRI rate).
- 100+ Awards
Candidates expected to meet the following eligibility criteria for the University of Manchester President’s Doctoral Scholar (PDS) Award 2022:
- Applicants must be international students
- Applicants must be admitted into PhD program.
- Must hold a conditional/unconditional offer for a PhD program to commence in September 2022;
- Applicants must hold (or are about to obtain) a first-class honors undergraduate degree (or international equivalent) from a reputable institution;
- Ideally, hold a master’s-level qualification at merit or distinction (or international equivalent);
- Must have a track record of engaging with research. This may include contributions to publications/articles, promoting their research to a wider audience, prizes for research or project work;
- Applicants Interested in attending a series of exclusive events to facilitate interactions with our academic community and network with other PDS award holders.
If you wish to be considered for this award, you must first follow all the usual admissions processes and receive a conditional/unconditional PhD offer. As such, the University asks that online PhD applications are submitted by 24 March 2022 to enable review, interview and supervisor selection.
On your application form in the funding section, state that you intend to apply for a PDS Award. See information on potential projects and supervisors.
Once interviewed and offered a PhD place, you will then work with your Primary Supervisor to complete the PDS application form, submitted to the Faculty Doctoral Academy by 29 April 2022.
All PDS applications reviewed internally and a shortlist of candidates interviewed before final offers on funding made. Interviews expected to take place in early June 2022.
April 29, 2022