The Dr. Franco J. Vaccarino President’s Scholarship is the University of Guelph’s most prestigious undergraduate entrance award for international students. It was established in honor of the University’s eighth president, Dr. Franco Vaccarino, to acknowledge his remarkable impact on the University.
Students with an outstanding academic record, who have made significant contributions to their schools and their communities, who have demonstrated innovative and unique approaches to implementing change and/or bringing about improvements to life, and who demonstrate the greatest potential to be future leaders are invited to apply.
University of Guelph
One scholarship awarded each year to the top international student. Valued at $42,500 and includes a research assistantship position and mentorship by one of the University’s leading professors.
For the President’s Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be an international (VISA) student.
- Applicant must be entering the first semester of any degree program at the University of Guelph.
- Have not previously attended a post-secondary institution.
- Have at least an admission average equivalent to a 90.0% Canadian curriculum.
- Made significant leadership contributions to their school and community.
- Interested applicants for the University of Guelph President’s Scholarship 2022 are to complete an online application form on or before the application deadline. Applicants required to submit reference letters as part of the application documents.Students who submit this application will automatically be considered for an Academic Leadership International Entrance Scholarship.
January 25, 2022