We are pleased to announce a call for applications targeting highly qualified young African women. This opportunity is for those who find themselves in the concluding phase of their PhD program, postdoctoral researchers, and early career academics. The scholarship in question is made possible through the generous support and funding provided by the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship – Advanced Scholars West Africa program.
This initiative places a strong emphasis on Sustainable Development Goal 5, which pertains to gender equality. Furthermore, gender equality is considered a pervasive and integral goal across all aspects of the program. Therefore, we are encouraging and welcoming applications from exceptional African women who aspire to contribute to advancing gender equality through their academic pursuits.
- Sponsorship Provided by: Queen Elizabeth Scholarship
- Scholarship Category: Academic Grant
- Available at: Any African University
- Scholarship Value: Undisclosed
- Multiple Awards: Numerous opportunities available
- Academic Level: PhD Studies
- Eligibility: Open to African Nationals
In order to be considered for the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Advanced Scholars from Africa, applicants are required to meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must hold African citizenship.
- Language Proficiency: All applicants should possess effective communication skills in either English or French.
- Academic Status: Candidates must be currently enrolled in doctoral research, post-doctoral research, or early career research.
- Geographic Eligibility: Applicants must originate from one of the eligible West African countries listed below.
- Research Alignment: Research proposals should align with the specified thematic areas.
- Mobility and Travel: Applicants should be prepared to travel, with potential travel destinations encompassing West Africa and, when feasible and permitted, Canada.
List of Eligible Countries:
- Burkina Faso
- Cabo Verde
- Central African Republic
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Equatorial Guinea
- Sao Tome and Principe
- Sierra Leone
- Mobility costs
- Housing expenses
- Research placement outlays
- Travel and medical insurance
How to Apply:
Application Process: Individuals interested in the Queen Elizabeth Scholarship for Early Career Women should complete the application form and furnish all necessary information and documentation.