Applications solicited from suitably qualified applicants for the Reed Innovation Scholarship for innovative students wishing to study in the United Kingdom for the 2022/2023 academic session. The scholarship has been established by Sir Alec Reed for undergraduate students of any discipline, to reward and encourage innovative and creative problem solving.
The scholarship is to be taken at Royal Holloway University of London which will provide funding for undergraduate studies to international students.
Sir Alec Reed
Royal Holloway University of London
Award of £15,000
For the Reed Innovation Scholarship at Royal Holloway University of London, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Have minimum expected or final grades at GCE A-Level of AAA or equivalent and a strong scholarship statement.
- Demonstrate outstanding innovation and creative problem-solving skills, which assesses via your scholarship statement.
- Need to hold a current conditional or unconditional offer to study at Royal Holloway before you can apply.
- Demonstrate excellent leadership abilities.
- Proficient in the use of English language.
Interested applicants for the Reed Innovation Scholarship are to submit an application through RH Direct before the application deadline. Applicants made aware of the outcome of their application after Thursday 19 May 2022.
You will need to complete a 400 word scholarship statement as part of your application (please note that statements that exceed the word count gets automatically rejected). This should include three ideas of entrepreneurs which you admire and three original ideas of your own. Your ideas could inspired by the following themes:
- Solving an artistic, scientific or technical problem in a new or unusual way.
- A unique and distinctive solution to a problem faced by your school/college, club or community.
- Creating a new group, organisation, institution or product that meets an important need.
May 31, 2022