RGIT International Student Scholarship Program:
RGIT Australia offers a range of courses that equip students with skills that enable them to make a meaningful contribution to society. We aim to make the student experience at RGIT Ausstralia as satisfying as possible. To reward students for outstanding academic achievement, RGIT Australia offers its international students the opportunity to apply for scholarships. These scholarships provide tuition fee waivers to a level that is decided by the Scholarship Committee.
Royal Greenhill Institute of Technology
Scholarships are available to students who intend to study a course in:
- Leadership and Management
- Community Services
For continuing students
Successful applicants will receive a 25% discount on tuition fees for one term. Each term is of 10 weeks duration. Hence, the scholarship is for 10 weeks.
For newly-enrolled students (never before studied with RGIT Australia)
Successful applicants will receive a 25% discount on tuition fees for their first term.
For all applicants
- Scholarships are available only to students on international study visas enrolling into VET courses.
- Scholarships will apply for the term starting immediately after the application deadline. Scholarships may not be deferred.
- Applicants who have previously received a scholarship may apply for a second scholarship. Assessment of their applications will be made using the same criteria as for all applicants.
- Scholarships are only given in the form of tuition fee reductions. Under no circumstances will cash payments be given in lieu of tuition fee reductions.
- Once a course has commenced, scholarships may only be used for the course for which it was granted and may not be transferred to another course.
- All applicants, including new students never previously enrolled with RGIT, need to hold a valid CoE for an approved RGIT VET course, at the time of the application.
All students applying for a scholarship need to:
- Hold a current Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) for an RGIT course that will run in the term for which the applicant is applying for a scholarship
- Satisfy the assessment criteria outlined below.
Applications will be assessed on the basis of the following criteria:
For continuing RGIT students – evidence that in the previous term the applicant has:
- submitted all assessments by set deadlines
- received a Competency mark on the first attempt in all units scheduled during the previous term
- maintained satisfactory weekly attendance throughout the term, and
- participated in a positive and diligent manner in all aspects of the course
Further, applicants must prepare a one-page report in support of their application which:
- addresses the above points, and
- outlines why they believe they are most deserving of receiving the scholarship.
For new students (not currently enrolled with RGIT) – evidence that in their previous studies the applicant has:
- an excellent academic record. Eligible academic records include Year 12 or equivalent certificates, Vocational Education and Training (VET) or tertiary qualifications obtained either in Australia or overseas
- demonstrated dedication to academic studies, and/or a passion for study that satisfies the judging panel of the student’s genuine intention to persevere with the course
- prepare a one-page report in support of their application which addresses the following points:
- Why you believe you should be awarded a scholarship
- Why your chosen course is the best choice for you
- Any other information you wish to include that supports your application.
Application Procedure and Documents:
- Ensure you meet the eligibility and assessment criteria.
- Scholarship Application Form: Complete the scholarship application form including a report supporting your application and any other supporting or specified documentation.
- Submit your application as indicated on the application form.
- Submit by the deadline. Late applications will not be considered.