Are you interested in studying in Romania on full scholarship? As a foreign student from anywhere around the globe (except EU member countries), you can now apply for the Government of Romania scholarships for foreign citizens. The scholarships are fully funded study opportunities for outstanding students.
The scholarship program offered by the Romanian state, through the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to foreign citizens, based on H.G. 288/1993. The scholarships offered to foreign citizens from countries that are not members of the European Union, for undergraduate and postgraduate studies. See the methodology, calendar and list of universities enrolled in the program.
Selected institutions in Romania.
The scholarship obtained, including the preparatory year where applicable, consists of:
- financing tuition fees;
- financing the accommodation expenses in the dormitories, through the budget of the Ministry of Education and Research, within the limit of the subsidy allocated for this purpose (accommodation will be provided to the extent of available places);
- granting a monthly financial aid, as follows: the equivalent in lei of the amount of 65 EURO, for undergraduate students; the equivalent in lei of the amount of 75 EURO, for master and specialization students, the equivalent in lei of the amount of 85 EURO, for PhD students.
Student from anywhere around the globe (except EU member countries)
The scholarships are open to citizens from non-EU countries. To be eligible, the scholarship applicant must:
- submit a complete file;
- present study documents issued by accredited/recognized education institutions in the country where they were issued;
- comply with the enrolment deadline;
- have good results in education, respectively an average of the study years, for the last
graduated school of at least 7 (seven) corresponding to the scoring system in Romania or the “Good” score, as the case;
- comply with the application submission methodology.
Send applications, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), only through the diplomatic missions of Romania. Please refer here for detailed eligibility and application instructions
As an exception, candidate to submit applications, in electronic or physical format (preferably in electronic format), also through the diplomatic mission of the state of citizenship accredited in Bucharest.
March 15, 2022