SA-GER CDR Full Scholarships for Sub-Saharan African Students:
Are you an African Citizen and want to study in Germany? Scholarships are available for applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record the DRD offers a limited number of DAAD merit scholarships per year.
SA-GER CDR/ Ruhr-University Bochum
Masters and PhD
- The Masters in Development Studies.
- The MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme)
- The Master in Public Administration (MPA)
- The PhD in International Development Studies (PhD IDS)
Applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries.
Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates. Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
- Scholarship applicants are advised to read about the specific entry requirements; and course application procedure of the programme of their choice.
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree;
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree;
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration;
- South African students are required to have an honors degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree;
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution;
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation;
- Women are encouraged to apply;
- South African students are encouraged to apply;
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Application Procedure and Documentation:
You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE during open Calls)! Applications not using this e-form will not be considered. As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it.
Documents that have to be uploaded when using the e-form are mentioned in the respective “How to apply” sections of each programme.
We are unfortunately not able to engage in extended correspondence with applicants.
30 November 2021 for Bochum Programme, 20th June 2021 for other programmes.