The Schiavon Scholarships are offered to students in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism and Master of International programs at the University of Melbourne. The scholarship supports the development of a piece of journalism in any format.
University of Melbourne:
The University of Melbourne is the world-class public research university, located in Melbourne, Australia. It is the second old University in Australia. It was ranked 31st globally in 2021. Melbourne university has a world-class environment and gives professional educations to its students.
Students willing to pursue a graduate degree may apply for this scholarship.
Journalism and International Programs
Schiavon Scholarships are for all International students.
One or more annual scholarships offered from the total amount.
- accept the award online within 21 days;
- provide a progress report mid-way through the program which must meet the satisfaction of the committee for payments to continue; and,
- submit a final report.
To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to:
- be enrolled or enrolling in the 150-point or 200-point Master of Journalism or Master of International programs at the University of Melbourne.
- Applications assessed and ranked on the project proposal, statement on career aspirations and portfolio of work they have completed demonstrating the applicant’s abilities.
Complete the online application form which includes the following supporting documents:
- A project proposal of up to 400-words for a major piece of journalism in any format, which is achievable and published in The Citizen and possibly co-published with other media outlets;
- A statement of up to 100-words outlining the applicant’s journalistic ambitions and how they are exploring opportunities in the profession;
- A budget listing project expenses, if relevant; and,
- A portfolio of published or unpublished journalism that demonstrates the applicant’s abilities.
The last date to apply for this scholarship is 20th September 2021.