Purdue University in the United States is currently accepting applications for the Scholarship Universe Purdue 2023-24. This scholarship program aims to assist international students from around the world who wish to pursue their Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degrees at Purdue University for the academic session of 2023-2024. Regardless of whether you are interested in an undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral program, this scholarship encourages students from diverse backgrounds to apply and take advantage of the educational opportunities provided by Purdue University. Don’t miss this chance to apply for the Purdue Scholarships and get closer to your academic goals in the United States.
Purdue University offers a wide range of academic majors and programs for both undergraduate and postgraduate students. The university provides various scholarship programs specifically tailored to support international students and help alleviate a significant portion of the expenses associated with studying abroad. These scholarships aim to assist international students in realizing their educational aspirations at Purdue University.
Situated in West Lafayette, Indiana, Purdue University is one of the largest universities in the United States and is particularly renowned for its exceptional engineering and science programs. Ranked as the 39th Best National University according to US News, Purdue University has built a strong academic reputation.
Established by John Purdue on May 6, 1869, under the name Purdue Industrial College of the State of Indiana, the university underwent a name change on October 15, 1874, and became a Ground Grant University.
With a history spanning over 140 years, Purdue University has emerged as a highly esteemed institution and has been recognized as one of the top 10 public universities in the United States by US News and World Report. The university offers an extensive selection of academic programs, providing degrees in more than 200 fields of study. One notable feature of Purdue University is its exceptionally low faculty-to-student ratio, which is the smallest in the country.
List of Scholarships:
Need-Based University-Wide Scholarships for Financial Assistance:
- Scholarship Details: The Purdue Division of Financial Aid administers a variety of need-based scholarships supported by federal, state, and Purdue funding. To qualify for these scholarships and grants, applicants must submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by the university’s recommended filing deadline, which is April 15. The FAFSA form becomes accessible on October 1.
- Application Deadline: October 1, 2023
Purdue University’s University-Wide Merit Scholarships:
- Scholarship Description: Purdue University offers merit-based scholarships to incoming freshmen, and the selection process involves a comprehensive assessment of the applicant’s admission materials. Various factors are considered during the evaluation of the scholarship applications:
- Evaluation of the core curriculum and the level of difficulty of high school coursework, taking into account the available courses at the applicant’s school.
- Assessment of information provided by the applicant’s high school.
- Consideration of relevant coursework that aligns with the desired major and is critical for success in that particular field.
- Evaluation of responses to specific application questions related to Purdue University and the chosen program of study.
- Review of SAT or ACT scores.
- Assessment of demonstrated leadership, service, accomplishments, extracurricular activities, and awards.
- Consideration of letters of recommendation (if provided).
- Evaluation of evidence showcasing affiliation with the educational program applied for.
- Assessment of the applicant’s personal background and experiences.
College-Based Scholarships at Purdue University:
- Scholarship Description: Several colleges at Purdue University offer scholarships based on both need and merit to students enrolled in their respective programs. Here are some important details to keep in mind:
- Submitting the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to Purdue West Lafayette by December 15 is a requirement.
- Additionally, certain Purdue colleges use the Supplemental Scholarship Application, which becomes available in early November. This application is used to identify recipients who meet specific criteria. The colleges that utilize this application include the College of Education, College of Health and Human Sciences, College of Liberal Arts, and Polytechnic Institute. It can be accessed through the Purdue Application Portal and must be completed by December 15.
- Application Deadline: December 15, 2023
Purdue University Trustees Scholarship:
- Holistic Evaluation: The Trustees Scholarship takes into account outstanding academic accomplishments, as well as leadership and service contributions within the school and community.
- Renewable with a Purdue GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Nonresidents: $16,000 per year.
- Indiana residents: $10,000 per year.
November 1, 2023
Purdue Presidential Scholarship:
The Purdue Presidential Scholarship is an esteemed award exclusively available to undergraduate students enrolled in the College of Engineering at Purdue University. This scholarship provides comprehensive financial coverage for the recipient’s entire four-year undergraduate education, covering tuition, room, and board.
The Purdue Presidential Scholarships are awarded based on merit, recognizing outstanding academic achievements and exceptional leadership qualities. Financial need and race are not considered in the selection process.
- Applicants are evaluated based on exceptional academic accomplishments and demonstrated leadership and service contributions within their school and community.
- Renewable with Purdue GPA: To maintain the scholarship, recipients must maintain a Purdue GPA of 3.00 or higher.
- Nonresidents: The scholarship provides a financial benefit of $16,000 per year.
- Indiana Residents: Indiana residents awarded this scholarship receive a financial benefit of $10,000 per year.
- Deadline: The application deadline for the Purdue University Trustees Scholarship is November 1, 2023.
The Freshman and University-Wide Scholarships 2023 at Purdue University, USA, are available for students pursuing Bachelor’s, Master’s, and PhD level programs. These scholarships encompass a wide range of academic degrees offered at Purdue University.
The scholarships offered are partially funded, providing financial assistance to selected recipients.
The scholarships are open to both domestic and international students, welcoming applicants of all nationalities.