The International Office at Trier University is able to provide financial support for students using sponsorship funds from the German Academic Exchange Service and the Scholarship Foundation for International Students and Young Academics for the state of Rhineland-Palatinate. The primary aim of this financial support is to enable qualified international students to concentrate of their degree and final dissertation.
Any international student can apply who is in need of financial support, as long as their previously achieved grades are very good and they are in the final stages of their degree.
Various courses offered at the University.
Value of the scholarship:
- up to 350 Euros per month for students in Bachelor’s programmes
- up to 400 Euros per month for students in Magister, Master’s, Diploma, or State Exam degree programmes
Applications are accepted from students who…
- are not of German nationality,
- are registered at Trier University in order to acquire a degree qualification
- need financial support,
- and who, based on their previously achieved grades, are likely graduate within a maximum of two semesters.
- Please note that your application can only be considered if you submit a properly completed application form along with all the required documents
- The selection of students for scholarship support is done by a committee of representatives of Trier University and Trier Student Services on the basis of the written application documents. The main selection criteria are that the student is likely to complete their qualification within the scholarship period, financial need, and very good grades.
- A properly completed application does not guarantee scholarship support.
- The applicants informed in writing about the outcome of the application process by the International Office.
- We ask applicants to refrain from contacting us in advance.
- Properly completed, printed and signed application form.
- Current certificate of enrolment at Trier University
- Evidence of completed modules/courses and exams
- If possible: Registration of the topic of your final dissertation or final examination(s)
- Provisional time-table for the completion of your degree (in monthly steps)
- CV with a passport photo
- Evidence of current finances (e.g. pay-slip of your partner)
- Reference from a professor.
10th September 2021