School of Medical Sciences International Masters Scholarship:
A Scholarship to support international masters students in the School of Medical Sciences with a tuition fees credit of up to $20,000 per annum. The main purpose of the Scholarship is to attract new international students of high caliber to enroll in masters level study for one year or two years at the School of Medical Sciences, in the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences at the University of Auckland.
Up to $20,000, p.a. contribution to international student tuition fees.
- The Scholarship may be awarded only to new international students who have received an offer of study to undertake a Master of Biomedical Science, Master of Science in Pharmacology, or Master of Science in Physiology at the University of Auckland.
- Students who have already commenced their programme are not eligible for consideration for this Scholarship.
The Scholarship is tenable by international students.
- The basis of selection will be academic merit as assessed by the grade point average (GPA) or grade point equivalent (GPE) calculated over the most recent qualifying programme. Applicants must have a GPA/GPE of 7.00 or above in their most recent qualifying programme to be eligible for scholarship consideration.
- The programme of study or country of origin of the applicant, and the University’s strategic aims and the objectives of the School of Medical Sciences may also be taken into consideration by the Selection Committee.
- Payment will be made as a contribution towards compulsory tuition fees in each semester of enrolment.
- The University of Auckland Council has the power to terminate or suspend a Scholarship if it receives a report of unsatisfactory progress of a Scholar from the Associate Dean (Postgraduate) of the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences.
- Application is made to the Scholarships Office.
- A Selection Committee assesses the applications.
- The Scholarship is awarded by the University of Auckland Council on the recommendation of the Selection Committee
- Scholarship applications will usually open around six weeks before the closing date. Please read the regulations carefully to be sure you are eligible before you apply.
01 December 2021