Exciting news! Presently, applications are being accepted for internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center. This article will provide a comprehensive overview of the internship program, its advantages, and a step-by-step guide to the application process.
The Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center is currently welcoming applications for their Internships for the 2024-2025 term. This opportunity is extended to international students as well. The internship spans a period of 10-15 weeks, and participants receive modest stipends from APAC each semester.
The ethos of the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center extends beyond the confines of a traditional museum. By employing inventive and unexpected methods, they actively involve communities, surmounting both geographical and cultural barriers. Functioning as a migratory institution, they deliver Asian Pacific American history, art, and culture to a wider audience through creative online museum experiences and physical presentations all over the United States.
- Institution: Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center
- Locations: United States
- Internship-Focused Areas: All fields of study
- Internship Period: Internships typically span 10-15 weeks. We encourage part-time participation with weekly commitments of 20-30 hours. Flexibility is granted for start and end dates, duration, and weekly hours worked.
The internships provided by the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center come with the following advantages:
- Modest internship stipends are offered by APAC each semester. It’s important to note that funding availability is limited and the competition for it is high.
- Interns also have the possibility of receiving academic credit from their universities for their participation.
- We strongly advise all applicants to explore scholarship options available at their respective universities that can assist in funding their internships.
- The Smithsonian Office of Fellowships and Internships additionally presents funded opportunities through various scholarship initiatives.
To be eligible for the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center Internships, candidates are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Proficiency in English is mandatory.
- The program is open to individuals from all countries around the world.
- Eligible participants include current undergraduate students (sophomores, juniors, and seniors), graduate students, as well as recent graduates.
- Applicants from diverse academic disciplines are warmly welcomed.
How to Apply:
To successfully apply for Internships at the Smithsonian Asian Pacific American Center, adhere to the subsequent application guidelines:
Step 1: Familiarize yourself with the Application Process by subscribing to our YouTube channel for detailed instructions.
Step 2: Ensure that you possess all necessary documents:
- Compose a Cover Letter within a limit of 2 pages. Address the following:
- Your motivation for pursuing an internship at APAC.
- The knowledge and skills you aim to acquire from the internship.
- Collect Unofficial Academic Transcripts from all institutions of higher education you have attended.
- Prepare your Resume. Emphasize relevant experiences, encompassing any proficiency in social media platforms, coding languages, and software like Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Obtain 2 Letters of Recommendation covering aspects such as your academic capabilities, professionalism, and adaptability in dynamic, fast-paced settings.
- Include 1 Relevant Work Sample.
Step 3: Submit the compiled application materials through the Smithsonian’s SOLAA portal.
Step 4: Upon accessing SOLAA, follow the instructions outlined in the left-hand navigation bar. Opt for the Asian Pacific American Center Internship Program.
Note: For any difficulties or inquiries, reach out via email to [email protected].
- Summer 2023 (June-August): Application deadline is March 10, 2023.
- Fall 2023 (September-December): Application deadline is June 09, 2023.
- Spring 2024 (February-May): Application deadline is November 10, 2023.