You can live and study in a country with a booming economy and vibrant cultural life, where innovation meets tradition. Applications are invited from students for the 2022/2023 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Student.
Obtaining a degree at a Hungarian university will give you an exceptional opportunity to acquire highly competitive knowledge and a special international experience in the heart of Europe. International students are encouraged to take advantage of the scholarship to enrol for an undergraduate, Masters and PhD degree programme.
Hungary Tertiary Institutions
Undergraduate, Masters and Non-degree programmes
- Tuition-free education
- Monthly stipend
- Accommodation contribution – free dormitory place
- Medical insurance – health care services and supplementary medical insurance
For Full time studies, students from the following countries can apply:
Egypt, Argentina, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Nigeria, Brazil, Georgia, Iran, Pakistan, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Thailand, Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Lebanon, , Malaysia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Uruguay, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, Palestine, Panama, Algeria, Bangladesh, China, Albania, Angola, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Cape Verde, Chile, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Korea, Kosovo, Moldova, Namibia, North Macedonia, Paraguay, Rwanda, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, Sudan, Philippines, Myanmar, Tajikistan, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Yemen, Russian, Vietnam, Eritrea, Israel, Kuwait, Syria, Jordan, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Tanzania.
For partial (exchange) study programmes, students from the following countries can apply:
Costa Rica, Nigeria, Georgia, Brazil, Japan, Cambodia, Morocco, Lebanon, Mongolia, China, Albania, Belarus, Chile, Ghana, India, Indonesia, Korea, Moldova, North Macedonia, Rwanda, Singapore, Turkey, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Russia, Syria, Mexico, Israel, Yemen.
To be eligible for the 2022/2023 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, applicants are to meet the following criteria; Applicants:
- Must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate, masters and PhD degree programme at a university in Hungary.
- Must ensure that their chosen programmes are relevant to their field of studies.
- Undergraduate scholarship must have obtained relevant high school certificates for admission into an undergraduate programme at a university in Hungary.
- For the Masters and PhD programmes must have obtained relevant bachelor’s and master’s degree certificates respectively for admission into the relevant programmes.
- For the doctoral studies scholarship are to remember to find a supervisor.
Applications for the 2022/23 Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship for International Students are processed in an online application system. Applicants to ensure that all supporting documents uploaded to the application portal before the application expiration date.
- Online application form
- Motivation letter
- Proof of language proficiency and their translations in the language of the selected study programme or in Hungarian language.
- School certificates
- Copy of identification document
- Medical certificate
January 15th, 2022