Financial Support for Students:
In order to help the students financially during their course of study, there are different types of scholarships which are given to students under certain conditions. You can access scholarship regulation of IUE below.
University: Izmir University of Economics, Turkey
Study Level: Undergraduate / Graduates
Study Area: Economics
Scholarship Award: Tuition fee discounts up to 100%
Nationality: International students
International Student Scholarship
It is a scholarship awarded to international students who want to study at undergraduate programs based on the quotas specific for countries within the scope of the internalization mission of the University. The scope and quotas of international student scholarship are determined by the Board of Trustees.
The duration for scholarships is as long as the maximum education period. It is 2 years in Foreign Language Preparatory Program, 4 years in Associate Programs, 7 years in four-year Undergraduate Programs, and 9 years in six-year Undergraduate Programs.
Scholarships continue until the end of this period. The period of deferred registration is added to their scholarship period.
International Student Scholarship (100%);
- Covers annual tuition fees, excluding summer school fees,
- Does not cover dormitory fees.
Academic Merit Discount
Students with an annual grade point average of 3.50 or higher receive a 50% discount on the tuition fee if they meet the requirements.
Chamber of Commerce Members Discount
Students, who are registered to IUE as a paid student, meeting the conditions specified below, are awarded a 25% tuition fee discount for Izmir Chamber of Commerce membership, and 15% discount for memberships for Izmir District Chambers of Commerce, and other provincial and district chambers of commerce affiliated to the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey:
- Blood relatives and in-laws of members of Izmir Chamber of Commerce and Izmir District Chambers of Commerce, and other provincial and district chambers of commerce affiliated to the Union of Chambers and Commodity Exchanges of Turkey who are
- real persons, registered to Izmir Trade Registry Office, have been a member for 1 year, have been partners for the past year, have the authority to represent and bind income tax law, not having a pending chamber membership, and have declared a revenue not less than the written limits in article 48/1 of Income Tax Law at least once in the past 3 years.
- Blood relatives and in-laws of members of Izmir Chamber of Commerce and Izmir District Chambers of Commerce, and other city and district chambers of commerce specified by the Board of Trustees who are legal persons, registered to Izmir Trade Registry Office, have been a member for 1 year, have been partners for the past year, and have the authority to represent and bind.
Sibling, Parent, Child, Spouse Discount
A 10% discount is applied to parents, children, and spouses studying in associate, undergraduate, and graduate, programs of Izmir University of Economics at the same time.
Foreign Language Preparatory Program Second Year Discount
Students, who could not succeed in the Foreign Preparatory Program at the end of the first academic year, qualify for 50% discount in tuition fees for the second academic year.
Foreign Language Preparatory Program Second Year Discount does not cover
- summer school fees and
- dormitory fees.
Undergraduate Alumni Discount
Students, who graduated from the undergraduate program receive 25% discount on the tuition fee for master and doctorate education.
IUE Athlete Discount, at the rates determined by our university, is awarded in order to attract athletically gifted student-athletes to Izmir University of Economics. So they can join the University team and represent the University in their branches, and “100% Ministry of Youth and Sports National Athlete Discount”.
This discount is awarded to national athletes who are certified to be successful in the sports fields specified in the OSYM guide in the last 4 years within the scope of the agreement signed between the University and the Ministry of Youth and Sports.
For all your questions and concerns, you can contact Sports Coordinator ship or send an e-mail to [email protected] address.
- Students who are eligible for more than one scholarship or discount; can only benefit from the scholarship / discount with a wider scope and higher amount.
- The scholarships awarded by Izmir University of Economics are complimentary; and they do not bind the students with any financial or service obligations.