ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents:
The ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents (hereinafter referred to as the ANSO Scholarship) was formally launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivation of young scientists from all over the world. The ANSO Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS) or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China.
Currently, CAS, the leading founding member of ANSO, is the sponsor of the ANSO Scholarship. ANSO welcomes all members and parties who are interested in creating a more diversified scholarship program together.
The University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS)
Institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS)
Subjects offered by the University.
Master’s: 3000 RMB/month
PhD: 6000 or 7000 RMB/month (depending on whether he/she has passed the qualification test arranged by USTC/UCAS).
Application fee waiver
Travel subsidy from their home countries to China (one trip per person)
Any scholarship awardee on site in China, the host country, at the time of application will NOT be eligible for any travel subsidy.
Funding duration (NO EXTENSION):
Master’s program: up to 36 months,
PhD program: up to 48 months.
International Students except Chinese nationals
Eligible applicants must:
- Not hold Chinese citizenship;
- Be proficient in English or Chinese;
- For master’s program applicants: be born after 1 January 1991 (inclusive);
- For PhD program applicants: be born after 1 January 1986 (inclusive);
- Meet the admission criteria for international students of USTC/UCAS;
- Not take up other assignments during the period of his/her scholarship.
Not eligible if you are:
- currently pursuing a master’s degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the master’s program of this scholarship.
- currently pursuing a doctoral degree at any university/institution in China, you are NOT eligible for the PhD program of this scholarship.
You are NOT allowed to apply for the ANSO Scholarship in both USTC and UCAS simultaneously, otherwise you will be disqualified from admission.
Application Procedure Instructions:
Visit ANSO official website for the ANSO Scholarship application portal：
File and submit your application in the USTC/UCAS admission system as requested. Choose “the ANSO Scholarship for Young Talents” in your application.
It is better that you prepare supporting documentation in advance, including but not limited to:
- Copy of your regular passport which has at least 2 years validity;
- Complete CV with a brief introduction of research experience;
- Original copy of the certificate of university degrees held
For Master’s program applicants:
Bachelor’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
For PhD program applicants:
Bachelor’s degree certificate. Master’s degree certificate or official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating the expected graduation date.
TWO reference letters:
Two referees (NOT the host supervisor) from academia familiar with you and your work should upload their scanned reference letters to the online admission system of USTC/UCAS.
- Detailed research proposal;
- Photocopies of title pages and abstracts of maximum 5 published academic papers (if available);
- Proof of knowledge of English and/or Chinese;
- Foreigner Physical Examination Form (Attachment)
All the above supporting documentation must be in English or Chinese, otherwise notarial translations in English or Chinese are required.
31 March 2021