The WomenIn Scholarship, offered by the Asia Foundation, is a program designed to empower women in Asia through education by providing financial assistance to those who want to pursue higher education in the United States. To be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must identify as women intending to pursue or work as early professionals in a tech career in game development, including art, animation, programming, and engineering.
The WomenIn Scholarship is a competitive program with a limited number of awards available each year. However, it provides a unique opportunity for women in Asia to pursue higher education and develop the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact in their communities and countries.
The Asia Foundation is a non-profit organization headquartered in San Francisco, California, USA, that works to promote social, political, and economic development in Asia. The organization partners with local partners in over 18 countries to support initiatives in areas such as governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment, and regional cooperation.
The Asia Foundation’s programs are designed to address a wide range of issues that impact the region, including poverty, conflict, and social inequality. The organization also works to promote sustainable development, human rights, and democracy in Asia.
Some of the notable initiatives and programs are undertaken by the Asia Foundation include promoting gender equality and women’s empowerment, supporting peace and security in conflict-affected areas, improving access to education and healthcare, and strengthening civil society.
The Asia Foundation is funded by a variety of sources, including governments, private foundations, corporations, and individual donors. The organization is committed to transparency and accountability in its operations, regularly publishing reports and other materials that provide information about its activities and impact.
The Asia Foundation WomenIn Scholarship Opens Application 2023-24, USA. is available to undertake Undergraduate, Postgraduate level programs at USA Universities.
All subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
This scholarship is partially funded.
International women students can apply for this scholarship.
Must be a full-time undergraduate student or a graduate student attending an accredited college or university during the 2023-24 academic school year OR working as an early professional (within their first two years in the industry).
• Must be 21 years or older by February 1, 2024. If under 21, must acknowledge that they are not eligible to participate in activities during D.I.C.E. Summit, including the mentor program on-site.
• Major: Any field
• GPA: 3.3 minimum on a 4.0 scale
• Applicants do not need to be US citizens or permanent residents to apply. However, non-US citizens who receive a scholarship must not be listed on a published “Specifically Designated Nationals” terrorism watch list in compliance with federal law.
• Family members of the AIAS Foundation board and staff and individual major donors of the Foundation (defined as contributors of at least $1000 in donations) are not eligible to apply for the scholarship.
• Academic institutions must be accredited by the standard and customary university/college accrediting institution(s) for the country or countries where they operate. If there is any question as to the accreditation of any academic institution, the Foundation reserves the exclusive right to determine in its sole judgment whether students from that institution will be eligible for Foundation scholarships.
• Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply:
The required documents for completing the scholarship application as follows:
- Two-page (maximum) personal statement, which should include:
• Information about your studies and how they will benefit the game industry. • A statement that addresses your service, leadership, character, and financial need.
Two current, signed letters of recommendation:
• The letters of recommendation must be from colleagues or professors from your current academic program, administration, and/or professors who know you individually. • The letters of recommendation must address your potential to make a significant contribution to the game industry through your character, service, or leadership abilities.
For student applications, the following documents should be included:
• An online transcript • Proof of enrollment
For early professional applications, the following document should be included:
• Proof of employment
The last date for this application is 31st May 2023.