The Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme:
The Barbro Klein Fellowship; a newly launched research programme, which intends to advance the study of cultural diversity in a global perspective. The fellowship is open to scholars from across disciplines in the humanities and social sciences, with an emphasis on research on cultural and social diversity, cultural heritage and creativity, societal structures and public resistance, and varieties of cultural expressions in local and global perspective.
PhD Degree Holder
Humanities and social sciences
The programme gives fellows the opportunity to concentrate on their own research interests, free from the teaching and administrative obligations of ordinary university life. Fellows are, however, expected to be active members of the scholarly community of the Collegium and to participate in seminars and academic events beyond their own fields of specialization.
Young scholars from non-Western countries.
Fellows receive a monthly salary. Applicants may want to consider seeking additional financial support from other sources, such as sabbatical leave. The Collegium will provide and pay for accommodation for Fellows who do not live in the Stockholm–Uppsala region.
- The fellowship programme encourages, but is not limited to, applications from talented younger scholars in non-Western countries and of underrepresented gender.
- At the time of application, the candidate must have held a PhD (or equivalent degree) for at least three years.
- The application must have a promising track record of independent achievements beyond the post-doctoral level, including significant publications, and be active in international fora.
- Scholars may apply for a full academic year or one semester.
- Apply though electronically via the Varbi online application system, for academic session 2022/2023.
- Final decisions are taken by the Principal of the Collegium in consultation with a selection committee composed of Long-term Fellows. All applications (including personal data) downloaded by members of the selection committee, and also sent to external referees, outside of the EU/EEA.
- If you have any questions about the Barbro Klein Fellowship Programme, please contact the secretariat: [email protected]
The deadline for application for the academic year 2022/23 is on 1 July 2021.