The Desmond Tutu/Church of Scotland Masters Scholarship:
The scholarship will cover:
- Full overseas tuition fee
- Accommodation within a Church of Scotland flat within Edinburgh
- £500 per calendar month for living costs
- Visa costs
- One return airfare
- Insurance from Church of Scotland business travel, underwritten by Aviva.
The award will be tenable for one academic year.
Student from Africa
The scholarship will be awarded to a student from Africa who is accepted on a full-time basis for a one year postgraduate Masters programme of study within the School of Divinity. Shortlisted candidates will require to have the official endorsement from the General Secretary or the Principal Clerk of their Church.
Applicants must be a member of a Church of Scotland partner church in Africa. Eligible partner churches are:
- Evangelical Presbyterian Church, Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of Ghana
- Presbyterian Church of East Africa
- Synod of the Nile of the Evangelical Church of Egypt
- Church of Central Africa Presbyterian
- Igreja Evangelica de Cristo em Mocambique
- Presbyterian Church of Nigeria
- Presbyterian Church of South Sudan
- The Programme of Christian Muslim Relations in Africa’
- United Church of Zambia.
- Uniting Presbyterian Church of Southern Africa.
The scholarship will be awarded broadly on the basis of academic merit with candidates requiring a Bachelor Degree equivalent to a UK first class or 2:1 Honors degree.
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application. Link Below
05th April 2021