Applications are invited from suitably qualified Overseas and UK applicants for the First 500 Scholarships at the University of Kent applying for an undergraduate programme at the University for the 2022-2023 academic session.
The scholarship will be given to students undertaking a part-time or full-time study program to help offset some fees. Interested UK, EU or international students are encouraged to take advantage of the opportunity.
University of Kent
Scholarship Benefits and Details:
One scholarship worth £2,000 per annum (or pro-rata for part-time students) for the duration of the recipient’s degree programme.
- One scholarship is available each year.
- Both full-time and part-time students are eligible to apply.
- Home, EU, and Overseas students are eligible to apply.
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, applicants must:
- Have attained AAB from three A Levels or equivalent (i.e. 136 points or higher).
- Be entering Stage 1 of their undergraduate degree in September 2022.
- Have made their application to the University of Kent via UCAS.
- Have made a firm acceptance to study at Kent by 31 August 2022.
Applicants not eligible to apply for the scholarship are those:
- Who have attained any qualification higher than A Level or equivalent.
- Who are in receipt of need-based financial aid.
- Who are current students at The University of Kent.
- Who are applying to Medway School of Pharmacy
- Who are applying to Kent and Medway Medical School (KMMS)
The scholarship not paid during a Year Abroad or a Year in Industry placement.
- Meet the criteria as shown above.
- Write an essay of 750-1,000 words on the following:
“When the first students arrived at the new University of Kent at Canterbury (as the University was then known) in 1965, there were no societies, no sports clubs, and no student representation. In 2018, 20,000 students enjoyed 67 sports clubs, 189 societies, and there were over 400 student representatives. Kent’s first students had the opportunity – and the responsibility – to start all of these from scratch. If we were opening a new university in 2022 and you were in that first student intake, what would you start and why?”
- Save the essay as a Word document. At the top of the document, please include:
- The essay title
- Your full name
- Your University of Kent identification number
- Submit this essay on an application via Kent Vision by the deadline of 23:59 GMT on Monday 31 October 2022.