The scholars selected for the program will be granted funding to cover the entire cost of attendance that remains after accounting for other financial aid received and the expected family contribution as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the college/university’s methodology.
The cost of attendance covered by the scholarship encompasses various components such as tuition, fees, room and board, books, transportation, and potentially other personal expenses.
To be eligible for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program, applicants, whether domestic or international students, must meet the following criteria:
- Be a high school senior.
- Belong to at least one of the following ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American.
- Be eligible for the Pell Grant.
- Hold US citizenship, be a national, or have permanent resident status.
- Maintain good academic standing with a minimum cumulative weighted GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale (or its equivalent).
- Intend to enroll full-time in a four-year degree program at a US accredited, not-for-profit, private, or public college or university.
For American Indian/Alaska Native applicants, proof of tribal enrollment will be required to meet the eligibility criteria.
Ideal Candidate Criteria:
The preferred candidate should possess the following attributes:
- Remarkable academic achievement during high school, ranking within the top 10% of their graduating class.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, which can be evident through active involvement in community service, extracurricular activities, or other endeavors.
- Exceptional personal qualities, such as emotional maturity, strong motivation, perseverance, and other relevant success-oriented attributes.
Applying for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program is a straightforward process. Eligible and interested candidates can follow these steps to apply:
- Access the official application website of The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program.
- Sign in using your credentials or create a new account if you don’t have one.
- Complete the online application form by providing all the necessary details and information.
- Double-check the accuracy of the information provided to ensure there are no errors or omissions.
- Once the application is complete, submit it through the online platform.
- Make sure to adhere to the specified application deadline to ensure your submission is considered for evaluation.
By following these steps and submitting the required information, eligible applicants can apply for The Gates Scholarship (TGS) Program and potentially become a recipient of this prestigious scholarship opportunity.
Application Deadline: September 15, 2023