Medical Online Postgraduate Scholarship:
Three scholarships are available for eligible online postgraduate Masters programmes offered by the University in the 2021-2022 academic session.
Masters / Post Graduate
Subjects of Medical Science
The scholarship will cover full tuition fees for the duration of the programme of study.
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kenya, Kiribati, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mauritania, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan ,Tanzania ,Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- The scholarships will be awarded to applicants who are accepted for admission in the 2021-2022 academic year on one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes. The Glenmore Medical Online Postgraduate Scholarship would particularly welcome applications from students from Africa.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- It is hoped that successful applicants, on completion of their studies, will continue to work in countries that will benefit from their furthered medical education.
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the strength of a personal statement. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree. Candidates are encouraged to address the following questions in their personal statement (3500 characters maximum):
- What specific elements of this programme attracted you to the University of Edinburgh?
- How will successful completion of this programme at the University of Edinburgh benefit your career and personal development?
- How will successful completion of this programme at the University of Edinburgh enable you to contribute to your community/region or country?
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application.
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to ten working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted. The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk | APPLY NOW
The scholarship deadline is 23:59 GMT 4th June 2021.