1000 Girls 1000 Futures Program:
1000 Girls, 1000 Futures is a groundbreaking initiative designed to engage young women interested in science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM), and advance their pursuit of STEM careers through mentoring and 21st-century skills development.
How does it work?
The New York Academy of Sciences invites young women ages 13-17 around the world to join 1000 Girls 1000 Futures to receive mentorship from female STEM experts, gain access to college readiness and leadership coursework, and network with other girls passionate about STEM!
1000 Girls 1000 Futures empowers young women to learn independently and work collaboratively on Launchpad, the Academy’s unique online learning platform. On Launchpad, students complete the coursework at their own pace and apply their skills to work on different projects with their peers. Mentors are available to guide students throughout the program, from navigating the college application process to setting career goals.
The future of STEM is powered by women.
Women are changing the world of STEM for the better, which is why the Academy is looking for passionate girls like you to learn from women in STEM. Even if you don’t know what your next steps are, our mentor network can help you realize your potentials and achieve your goals.
STEM related fields
Domestic and international students.
Qualified mentors for 1000 Girls 1000 Futures are:
- Self-identified women who are either pursuing a Ph.D. in a STEM-related field OR currently working in a STEM-related field;
- Know how to access at least one communication device with internet capabilities;
- Able to communicate clearly in spoken and written English;
- Able to commit to 3-5 hours of program training and participation in the program monthly from September to June;
- Passionate about engaging and inspiring the next generation of young women around the world;
Selected mentors will be asked to complete a standard background check and 3-5 hours of program training before being invited to join Launchpad, the Academy’s online collaboration platform where 1000 Girls 1000 Futures programming takes place.