Embark on your educational journey in the Netherlands! Exciting news awaits, as applications for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship are now open. This guide will provide a detailed exploration of this prestigious scholarship, its benefits, and a comprehensive step-by-step application process.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship 2024-2025 is an all-encompassing master’s scholarship tailored for international students. A total of 25 scholarships are available, covering full tuition and providing a living stipend of £11,000.
Utrecht University is a leading research institution in Europe, known for its innovative research methods and global teaching practices. It offers a welcoming environment for international students, attracting approximately 1,500 students annually who choose the university for its diverse range of English-taught Master’s programs.
For the academic year 2024-2025, 20-25 scholarships will be distributed across Utrecht University’s 6 Graduate Schools. The funding for these scholarships is derived from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by the university, and contributions from Utrecht University alumni.
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarships 2024-25 in the Netherlands are specifically offered for Master’s level programs at Utrecht University.
Areas of Focus for the Opportunity:
- Investigative Criminology on a Global Scale.
- Psychology in Social, Health, and Organizational Contexts.
- Practical Cognitive Psychology Applications.
- Clinical Psychology for Children and Adolescents.
- Applied Neuropsychology Studies.
- Research Methodology and Statistics for Behavioral, Biomedical, and Social Sciences.
- Studies in Social and Health Psychology.
- Exploration of Ancient, Medieval, and Renaissance Periods.
- Comparative Studies in Literature.
- Examination of Gender Dynamics.
- Linguistic Studies and Analysis.
- Studies in Media, Art, and Performance.
- Music Studies and Analysis.
- Art Historical Research.
- Examination and Study of History.
- Fields in Mathematical Sciences.
- Philosophy Studies and Inquiry.
- Research on Childhood and Adolescent Development and Socialization.
- Legal Research and Analysis.
- Studies in Sociology and Social Research.
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- Covering the tuition fee.
- Covering the tuition fee plus the income required for a period of one year linked to a residence permit for study, as determined by the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Service).
Additionally, the scholarship is eligible for renewal for the second year for two-year master’s programs.
This scholarship is open to international students from outside the European Union (EU) and European Economic Area (EEA).
To qualify for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship, you must meet the following conditions:
- You must rank within the top 10% of your graduating class.
- You should not possess an EU/EEA passport and should be ineligible for support under the Dutch study grant and loan system.
- Your secondary school and/or bachelor’s degree must be completed outside the Netherlands.
- You must have applied for an international master’s program scheduled to commence on 1 September 2024. Please note that not all programs participate, so check the ‘Master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support’ section to confirm if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is listed as an available scholarship opportunity.
Deadline: Prospective students seeking consideration for the scholarship must submit their applications before February 1st, 23:59 CET. The application portal will close at this specified time. Selection processes will commence only after the deadline. Results are anticipated to be published by mid-April.
Eligible candidates for the scholarship will be assessed based on the following criteria:
- Academic Quality and Promise: Evaluation of academic excellence and potential in the proposed field of study, as demonstrated through the master’s application.
- Academic Excellence: Confirmation of academic excellence, substantiated by proof of ranking within the top 10% of the graduating class. This can be supported by a class ranking certificate, GPA with a summary of grade distribution, and a signed/stamped statement or reference letter from the university.
- Motivation Letter Quality: Assessment of the quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the master’s program. This includes consideration of academic content, intercultural and communication skills, and personal motivation.
- Application for the Master’s Program: Evaluation of the application for the master’s program itself, taking into account completeness, accuracy, and consistency.
How to Apply:
After submitting an application (or applications) for a UES eligible master’s program before the specified deadline, non-EU/EEA students can apply for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from November 1, 2023. The UES application(s) will be visible in your OSIRIS Online Application account dashboard. Click ‘view/edit’ for the UES linked to the program you wish to apply for, upload the required proof of being in the top 10% of your class, answer the provided questions, and submit the application.