Exceptional students from non-EU/EEA countries pursuing a graduate program (MSc) at the University of Twente can apply for the UTS scholarship. It offers a chance to join a group of highly promising UT students and participate in the selection process for Research Honors, Design Honors, or Change Leaders programs.
Students enrolled in a two-year study program may qualify for a second-year UTS scholarship equal in value to the first. However, continuing the scholarship depends on meeting eligibility criteria, including earning an average grade of 7 (out of 10) and completing at least 50% of European Credits by the end of the third quartile of the first year.
The University of Twente, a public research institution founded in 1961 as the Twente Technological University, is located in Enschede, Netherlands. The university is a top-tier institution for engineering, technology, and natural sciences. It provides undergraduate and graduate programs across faculties, such as Engineering Technology, Behavioral, Management, and Social Sciences, and Science and Technology.
The University of Twente adopts an entrepreneurial approach to education and research, emphasizing innovation and technology transfer through close collaborations with industry partners. Its campus on the outskirts of Enschede features modern research facilities, classrooms, and labs set in a large wooded site. The campus offers a range of student services and activities, attracting a diverse international student population.
University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for International Master Students, 2023-24, Netherlands. is available to undertake Masters level programs at the University of Twente.
The following subject is available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- The University of Twente offers approximately 50 scholarships ranging from €3,000 to €22,000 for one year.
- Students applying for a two-year program should read the information on the university’s website.
- The university provides an overview of estimated living costs while studying at the institution, excluding tuition fees.
Please note: The scholarship aims to cover study-related expenses, and the student has the freedom to allocate the funds as they see fit. However, the scholarship does not cover costs such as tuition fees.
This scholarship is available to international students.
To be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Gain admission to a qualifying UT Master program for the academic year 2023/2024.
- Have a student number.
- Not have graduated from a UT undergraduate or graduate program.
- Comply with the Dutch entry visa conditions (if applicable).
- Meet the general English language test requirement of Academic IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT 90, with an additional TOEFL iBT speaking score of 6.0.
- Not be eligible for a Dutch study loan.
- Belong to the top 5 to 10 percent of your class, as this scholarship is awarded to exceptional students.
How to Apply:
To apply for UTS scholarship, you must first apply for a Master’s program and obtain a conditional admission letter. Only non-Dutch and non-current UT students are eligible to apply for UTS. EU/EEA students cannot apply for UTS. UTS is not available for the Master’s program at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC) or the pre-Master program.
The deadline for this scholarship is 01 May 2023